PLESE HELP!!!! Chickens beak got bit off

I am thinking of you and wishing you good luck with the tube feeding, I have never done it either and know it will be terrifying the first time but there's really never going to be a more important time to learn.

Thank you so much <3 I have watched so many videos and read so many articles, but how do I know if I'm in the esophagus?? I don't want to be in the wrong tube

I asked my dad to pick up the clean fish air hose as well as the syringe and exact by kaytee, and a digital scale. If he can find the supplies, I am going to try to tube feed her tonight. To be honest, I am terrified! :( I don't want to hurt her. My biggest concern is if I get it in her wind pipe instead of her esophagus. I don't want to kill her. How can I be sure if it's in the right tube, and how far should I put it down? I'm so scared, I've never done anything like this before. I have read many articles already, but there's nothing like doing it yourself. Her beak is so broken, I don't want to completely break it when I try to pry open her mouth. Poor girl. Please pray for her, as well as me, that I don't hurt her. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Read the link in my sig. I am available by phone to help.

-Kathy

Thank you so much Kathy! That is so kind of you. It makes me feel more at ease with the assistance of someone as experienced as you. Thanks. This may sound like I'm stupid, but I'm not the best with computers and I can't find the link to your sig because I don't know what a "sig" is. Sorry :(

Thank you so much Kathy! That is so kind of you. It makes me feel more at ease with the assistance of someone as experienced as you. Thanks. This may sound like I'm stupid, but I'm not the best with computers and I can't find the link to your sig because I don't know what a "sig" is. Sorry :( 
If your on an iPad you won't see them, you have to go to the bottom of the page and click Desktop and then you will see them. if your on the computer its at the bottom of her reply.

Last edited:
The "airline tubing" that my dad picked up look rather large in size. It doesn't say a size on it, so I'll include the picture. Is it too big? I don't want to hurt my girl.

Back
Top Bottom