PLESE HELP!!!! Chickens beak got bit off

Pics
This is an awesome story! We have had success in feeding our injured or too thin girls strips of bologna for the extra protien. Don't know if this is a reccomended practice out there or not but may be something to consider, though it sounds like you have a really good program now! Has the dog issue been sorted out? If not (please bear with me) we have found that a PELLET gun is rather useful. The ones you can pump to vary the power would be ideal. We are usually around when one comes wandering on the place but just the presentation alone is good enough now. The local dogs all now that it feels like an ant bite and that they don't want any more of it especially because they can't figure out where it comes from at first. Your chicken is an absolute survivor! Congratulations on the recovery. I really like your idea of the fake nails prostetics but if she has figured out how to cope maybe things will be great reguardless.

UPDATE: Fuzzy Bum is doing AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! I could not be happier. Last night was the last time we tube fed her. She is now eating 2 eggs with her food mixed into it for breakfast (I still have to hand feed the egg strips to her) and for supper, to replace her 60mL of Kaytee Formula, she eats BY HERSELF oatmeal with her pellets and mixed grain mixed into the food. That is one of her favourite foods of all times. And I'm sure she is also very proud that she can eat it by herself without my help. All I do is hold the bowl full of oatmeal for her. She has also been drinking by herself as well out of puddles. It takes her a little bit longer, but she is doing great :)
LL
Also, guess who is laying eggs again??? FUZZY BUM!!! :D I took some quick pictures of her in the nesting box so I could share my excitement with you guys! :) She also discovered the mirror in our basement. She loves looking at herself in the mirror. I don't blame her at all. She is so pretty!!!!! And she knows it :) Here is Fuzzy Bum on the left, with her best friend and sister Babe. They are always found side by side. They even sleep beside each other up on the rafter :) Thank you all again so much for your help and prayers. Fuzzy Bum would not be where she is today if it weren't for you guys. God Bless!!! And Happy Easter. SIZE] [COLOR=800080]JOHN 11:25-26 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”[/COLOR]
If Fuzzy Bum is now laying make sure that she is getting enough protein and calcium. Egg laying can take a lot out of a hen. Special needs hens need to be watched to make sure that they are taking in enough protein and calcium. I have a cross beak that eats wet mash out of a deep dish she puts her whole beak into the mash and uses her tongue to get the feed in. I put finely crushed egg shells and occasionally poly vi sol children's liquid vitamins without iron into the mix which is layer crumbles and water. When she molts I also sometimes add scrambled egg for extra protein. Feather growth requires more protein. In our could New England winters I put the wet mash into a heated dog bowl which keeps it from freezing. Best of luck with Fuzzy Bum :yiipchick

We are so happy for Fuzzy Bum, and bless you all for all you have done for her. So many people would have just given up. She looks absolutely WONDERFUL and happy!!! HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE:
Fuzzy Bum is doing AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! I could not be happier. Last night was the last time we tube fed her. She is now eating 2 eggs with her food mixed into it for breakfast (I still have to hand feed the egg strips to her) and for supper, to replace her 60mL of Kaytee Formula, she eats BY HERSELF oatmeal with her pellets and mixed grain mixed into the food. That is one of her favourite foods of all times. And I'm sure she is also very proud that she can eat it by herself without my help. All I do is hold the bowl full of oatmeal for her. She has also been drinking by herself as well out of puddles. It takes her a little bit longer, but she is doing great :)

Also, guess who is laying eggs again??? FUZZY BUM!!! :D I took some quick pictures of her in the nesting box so I could share my excitement with you guys! :)

She also discovered the mirror in our basement. She loves looking at herself in the mirror. I don't blame her at all. She is so pretty!!!!! And she knows it :)

Here is Fuzzy Bum on the left, with her best friend and sister Babe. They are always found side by side. They even sleep beside each other up on the rafter :)

Thank you all again so much for your help and prayers. Fuzzy Bum would not be where she is today if it weren't for you guys. God Bless!!! And Happy Easter. <3

JOHN 11:25-26 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
I believe this! This whole story is amazing! She is laying fast.... I Still cant figure out why my Easter Egger is not laying >: she didnt go through any turmoil!
Fuzzy Bums got some Fuzzy Bum!

Back
Top Bottom