PLESE HELP!!!! Chickens beak got bit off

Pics
So good to see the recent pictures!!!
thumbsup.gif

@chickenlover432 that's a really interesting question. Whether or not they notice, they must choose to ignore it because Fuzzy Bum is one of the top chickens in the pecking order. It's almost like they respect her because of what she has been through. They must think "If she can survive what she's been through, then we don't want to mess with her!" Haha. I know though, that chickens can sometimes be very cruel to one another if a chicken is "unique" or looks different than the others. When Fuzzy Bum first got injured, she never failed to stand her ground, which allowed her to maintain her top level in the pecking order. Even though Fuzzy Bum is beautiful, she teaches her sister's that it's the inside that counts.

Reminds me of the Bible verse from 1st Samuel 16:7.
-But the Lord told him, “Samuel, don’t think Eliab is the one just because he’s tall and handsome. He isn’t the one I’ve chosen. People judge others by what they look like, but I judge people by what is in their hearts.”-

What do you think?

Last edited:
So true! Just love your story she is an amazing chicken! How old is she? This is my first time raising chickens, I have five and am considering adding to my flock this spring. Mine are two years old. I thought chickens had a longer life span, but hear that they live to about four years.

Hmmm.. not quite sure exactly how old Fuzzy Bum is. We've had her since she was a couple days old. I'm guessing she may be 3 years old?

Look who's molting!!! :)
Fuzzy Bum decided she should grow some new fluffy feathers for the cold winter.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom