Plethora of Sebright Roosters

Mrsedm

In the Brooder
Apr 20, 2017
Leander, TX
I ordered 5 Silver Sebrights from Cackle Hatchery hoping to end up with 2 roos and 3 hens but I appear to have ended up with 4 roos and one hen ;( Below is the picture showing the huge dif in comb development for them they are all about 8 weeks old now.

Anyone know of someone in Central Texas are that would like a Sebright rooster? I was hoping to sell one pair and keep one for myself but oh well cest la vie!
Hen.jpg
Roos.jpg

I like the idea but don't really have the space for it and Im pretty sure my hubby would implode. He still is not convinced we need any roosters at all lol.

Unless you plan on breeding and hatching eggs, you don't need a rooster. If this is your first time with chickens you are better off starting with a hen only flock anyway.
I was thinking of hatching a few Sebrights since they are not very readily accessible thought selling a few chicks might be fun.

Unless you plan on breeding and hatching eggs, you don't need a rooster. If this is your first time with chickens you are better off starting with a hen only flock anyway.

Roosters, (in my opinion) have lots of personality and are very fun to watch. They aren't "necessary" I guess, but they ARE good for watching out for your flock, and some roosters even attack predators. :)

Back
Top Bottom