PLS HELP How to fix a hurt leg

Have you checked the bottom of her foot pad for a bumblefoot scab? Pictures may help. Do you normally keep your chickens outside? I would keep her in a wire dog crate with food, water, and bedding, but keep her near the other chickens so she doesn’t lose contact with them. If she has sprained her leg, it may take days to weeks to heal. Does her leg seem weak or paralyzed?

Have you checked the bottom of her foot pad for a bumblefoot scab? Pictures may help. Do you normally keep your chickens outside? I would keep her in a wire dog crate with food, water, and bedding, but keep her near the other chickens so she doesn’t lose contact with them. If she has sprained her leg, it may take days to weeks to heal. Does her leg seem weak or paralyzed?
It’s not paralyzed but it does twist to the side a bit other than that she won’t put weight on it and it’s a bit weak

C0710F4A-3ACA-4836-ACFE-5F4C5A632BED.jpeg
D92D368B-F8E6-4DEE-86D0-B02A687E351B.jpeg

Attachments

• 00F8A63C-191B-4F06-AADC-2221BA01C1E7.jpeg
    00F8A63C-191B-4F06-AADC-2221BA01C1E7.jpeg
    347.2 KB · Views: 1
Well, that will take some time to heal. If you can cage her, but keep her with her flock, she may heal, but still be a part of the flock. That way you won’t have to go through the ordeal of having to reintroduce her. If you can get some human B or super B complex tablets from Walgreens, Walmart or similar vitamin store, you could crush a 1/2 tablet daily over her food. That sometimes helps with leg issues. Here is one for $5 BOGO sale:
https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/s...min-supplement-tablets/ID=prod6021583-product

Well, that will take some time to heal. If you can cage her, but keep her with her flock, she may heal, but still be a part of the flock. That way you won’t have to go through the ordeal of having to reintroduce her. If you can get some human B or super B complex tablets from Walgreens, Walmart or similar vitamin store, you could crush a 1/2 tablet daily over her food. That sometimes helps with leg issues. Here is one for $5 BOGO sale:
https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/s...min-supplement-tablets/ID=prod6021583-product
one of my new chickens is really sweet but my other ones are bulling her and I couldn’t find her and then I found her in the holding pen snuggling the polish

Back
Top Bottom