Plucker

lnm03

Crowing
15 Years
Oct 6, 2008
I have read that some of you have rented pluckers where do you rent them from??

We processed 6 "packing peanuts" for the first time last weekend. It wasnt all that difficult or bad for that matter. I think I just looked too far into it. I plucked by hand which essentially wasnt bad or hard however we are wanting to raise 25 meat birds and hand plucking is very tiring and wears on the back. I'm not saying I cant do it or I wont because I will it would just be easier if someone had a plucker we could rent!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!
big_smile.png

Hello,
I rent a whizbang plucker I made. It works great 15-20 seconds for 3 meat birds.
I am in Noblesville, In. I usually charge $40.00 per weekend for the gas water heater and plucker.
Not bad if you are cleaning alot of them.

4969_scalder.jpg

4969_whizbang.jpg

Last edited:
I have read that some of you have rented pluckers where do you rent them from??

Yes we also rent our plucker,scalder and cones out. we charge 30 a day or 50 for the weekend. That's delivered and set up within a 25 mile radius of us.

You can call your extension office,ag office or conservation office. Any of the three should be able to point you in the right direction if there is one to rent in your area.​

Thanks for all the advice!! I will definately keep that in mind when it comes time!!
big_smile.png

I hadn't even thought of renting one, thanks for the idea! Those rates are very reasonable compared to the hours of plucking 25 birds would take. Now I just need to track a plucker down here in MN.

Those rates are very reasonable compared to the hours of plucking 25 birds would take.

That was kinda my thought too!!
big_smile.png

Good Luck!

I bought a gas water heater (turkey fryer) at TSC for $25.00
ep.gif
2 weeks ago. I have NEVER seen them that cheep usually $50 to $65 which is why I have never bought one before! And we made our own cones out of a big metal funnel it worked pretty good!​

anyone in Ohio rent a plucker ? The DH has been working alot and come time to get the birds ready for the freezer farm he is suppose to be out of town

Back
Top Bottom