Plymouth Barred Rock Hens--Canandaigua NY

Haida

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 12, 2013
Western NY
***The price of $25 is for all 7 hens (rooster is optional/free, I understand not everyone wants one/can have one).***

Hi BYC!I have 7 hens and 1 rooster who need a new home! They are about 8 months old and were bought as chicks from Tractor Supply this last spring. They are very hardy--this cold weather doesn't slow them down at all--they lay eggs like crazy! I get 5-7 eggs a day! They are extremely friendly and don't mind being handled and will follow you around wherever you go. They were wormed with Wazine in the beginning of October (no signs of worms, I worm everyone in the spring and fall as a preventative). They are all over the "pullet egg" stage and lay very consistent, beautiful, big brown eggs.

They are not free range, but have a very ample run. They only receive veggies/fruit/plant matter and rarely bread as treats... they love sunflower seeds. I am a bit of a drill sergeant about my birds' diets. ;)

I also have a rooster, whom is a very good rooster to his ladies, but he can be a bit aggressive towards people from time to time. I've had a lot of luck using the "carry him around under your arm for a while" method (I can demonstrate this to interested parties).

I will give you whatever food I have as well as their oyster shell (I think I have about 20 lbs of it left). Local pick up only, or I will drive a short distance... I am located outside of Canandaigua, NY. Thanks for looking!

(Pics are when they were about 6 mo. old, but I can get new ones!)

HOLY CROW!!

your work is the most imaginative and creative it think i have EVER seen.
how lucky you are to be able to self-express like this!!
tongue.png

tammy

Back
Top Bottom