Plymouth Rock bantams

What's good about Plymouth Rock bantams

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t know about the bantams, but here’s what I know about the standard sized ones. They can be used as meat birds, but I have not done that so can’t say for sure. I get about five eggs a week from each of mine, so I would assume a few less for bantams. They are very pretty. I wouldn’t say they are the cutest of my birds, but small chickens are pretty much always cute. My girls are very nice, they are higher in the pecking order. They tolerate me picking them up, although one will flap her wings.

I don’t know about the bantams, but here’s what I know about the standard sized ones. They can be used as meat birds, but I have not done that so can’t say for sure. I get about five eggs a week from each of mine, so I would assume a few less for bantams. They are very pretty. I wouldn’t say they are the cutest of my birds, but small chickens are pretty much always cute. My girls are very nice, they are higher in the pecking order. They tolerate me picking them up, although one will flap her wings.
Thank you I think I'll be looking for some to raise!

Hi I'm thinking about getting Plymouth Rock bantams! Does anyone know of breeders in Alberta Canada. And I'm new to the breed so who knows some stuff about them?
I can't speak for bantams either, but my plymouth rock is the sweetest girl and most reliable egg layer. She will let you pet her and pick her up. If they are all so sweet I don't think I could keep them as meat birds but she's certainly a chunk compared to my other birds.

I can't speak for bantams either, but my plymouth rock is the sweetest girl and most reliable egg layer. She will let you pet her and pick her up. If they are all so sweet I don't think I could keep them as meat birds but she's certainly a chunk compared to my other birds.
Thanks so much I will definitely be getting my hands on some!

I have a trio of the bantams that are just over 6 months. They started laying right at 6 months and I get eggs almost every day from both girls. I can't speak to their fertility yet because we've only just set their first batch, but they are laying pretty reliably. They're all super sweet, the girls will let me pick them up and the roo, Hamilton, likes to have his wattles rubbed.

I have a trio of the bantams that are just over 6 months. They started laying right at 6 months and I get eggs almost every day from both girls. I can't speak to their fertility yet because we've only just set their first batch, but they are laying pretty reliably. They're all super sweet, the girls will let me pick them up and the roo, Hamilton, likes to have his wattles rubbed.
That's like my bantam wyandottes

Back
Top Bottom