Plymouth Rock thread!

hmm, I'm no expert either. ha ha. Kemical Fenix, what about her makes you think so?
I'll have to look up some more pics of chicks her age. Anyone else think she looks funny?

Actually after looking at a lot more pics of BR's, saying "I'm no expert" was a big understatement! Lol, clearly I don't know what I'm talking about cause she looks just many pics I've seen. My reasons were; 1. Her facial features look a little different then mine did, 2. My BR's legs weren't so yellow, more pale yellow with a dark wash on the front. Mine are just regular hatchery quality though, from Privett Hatchery(the source for both of my local feed stores).

Here are the size difference between my three cockerels. All are 4 weeks old

Left to Right, Chevy, Blue Bells, Plymouth
Bands R2 is Chevy, R1 is Blue Bells, R3 is Plymouth
These boys are all the same age but two are huge where as Blue still has downy fluff that looks like a Lion's mane.

Someone mentioned my Buff Orpington may not be a BO after all, but a Buff Rock. I realized this chick looks extremely different than my other 3 BOs, but I am a total newbie and don't know WHAT she is. Maybe you can help.....thanks! She is 4-5 weeks old

I have my first 6 chicks. 3 are plymouth rocks and 3 are buff orpingtons. At almost 4 weeks I clearly see the personality differences in the breeds. the PR's are more docile, less skittish and less vocal. One, in particular, marking the head with a red marker to tell it apart from the others, is quite affectionate. She is the first to jump to the little perch and wait for me to stroke her breast with my finger. She will also climb up onto my arm. All the others are a little reluctant. It will break my heart if I come to find she is a he. Time will tell.

I have my first 6 chicks.  3 are plymouth rocks and 3 are buff orpingtons.  At almost 4 weeks I clearly see the personality differences in the breeds.  the PR's are more docile, less skittish and less vocal.  One, in particular, marking the head with a red marker to tell it apart from the others, is quite affectionate.  She is the first to jump to the little perch and wait for me to stroke her breast with my finger.  She will also climb up onto my arm.  All the others are a little reluctant.  It will break my heart if I come to find she is a he.  Time will tell.

I have a pullet that does that,we named her Venus with how much she would scream as a peep, now she is a mommas hand baby. So jealous if im petting someone else to the point she jumps on them to move them away from me.

Well guess I'll be subscribing to this thread since I picked up 2 PR from my local TSC a little over a week ago. I blame the Buy 6 get 2 free deal. LOL

Here's my 2 little ones

They seem to be very standoff ish and do not like to be picked up in the slightest. I'm not sure if that's just this breed in general or if it's because I have the brooder set up outside this year and they don't see or hear me as much.

Back
Top Bottom