1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Plymouth Rock thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by sloallie10, Dec 5, 2009.

1. CalebtheChicken

CalebtheChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Jeremiah, Ky.
    Gertrude:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gertrude has a twin sister, Crooked Toes, Just picture Gertrude with a crooked foot.

2. Ducktang

Ducktang Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2010
    NC
    Quote:The ones with pink bands on came from you, as well as the pullet.

I'll have to say, I stand by my comments makes no difference from whoever they came, the pullet seems nice on the type. If those pink banded cockerels really look like that at ease, then I'd keep the best one, maybe #6,for a blood line and then cull the rest. They seemed a little skittish in the photos. You don't want them dragging their breast and drooping tails. However, you have enough to work with next year.
    Try to get another pic of #6 with him more at ease. I usually sit on a bucket and have to wait several minutes for them to get used to me being there and they will go back to being at ease. That way you can get more of a side profile pic. Do you have any weights on them? I really like #2 if he holds his head up.. Is the the closest one in the last pic also?

3. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Quote:Yes that is the same one. I still have not weighed them. I believe #1 is the heaviest though.

#2 is also pictured in the back of picture #1.

I will get their weights. I am leaving for Omaha (to pick up some of those Reese BRs), and will be back Sunday.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  4. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

Here is a pic of one of my two little BR's.. Her name is Midnight (my 15 year old named this one lol) Super Friendly.

[​IMG]

5. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    So stunning!
    Quote:

6. Rock N' Faverolles

Rock N' Faverolles Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Here a few more pictures of my birds.

[​IMG]
    Large Blue. He has good type but poor color, but he should still produce some decent offspring this year into early next year.

[​IMG]
    Barred Hen of mine. She usually holds her tail correctly so I don't know why she didn't for this picture. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Two buff males that I just picked up a few weeks back.

[​IMG]
    One of my many columbian males. His tail is a little high, but he has good color, and a real nice head on him. The pullet in back is now at Scott's.

I have two other pictures on the heritage thread if you want to see them.

David

7. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Do you have any girls to go with those buff boys? They are gorgeous.

8. Rock N' Faverolles

Rock N' Faverolles Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Quote:Yes I do. I have 5 females I picked up as well. They are all going into the breeding pen withing a few weeks with the cock bird I have. The cockerel still has a bit of growing left to do.

David

9. ole red

ole red Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2009
    poplar grove, ar.
    as a general whole, do yall feel the quality of the hatchery white rock has been demenished as much as the hatchery barred rock, as far as being a meat/primary, and egg /secondary chicken?

10. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    going to pick up 5 SP pullets and a cockerel in two weeks time, from SQ breeder [​IMG] can't wait, may get some Gold laced Wyandottes if he has some for sale to, saw some at the fair to day...they are to die for.... My random thing for the day [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by