Plymouth Rock thread!

PEI Chickens:

Lockdown for SPPRs. All 17 that were developing made it to lockdown, and the green eggs as well. Three pips on the green eggs. Almost all SPPR eggs are internally pipped. Looking forward to seeing them! :)

PEI Chickens: 

Lockdown for SPPRs. All 17 that were developing made it to lockdown, and the green eggs as well. Three pips on the green eggs. Almost all SPPR eggs are internally pipped. Looking forward to seeing them! :)

Hi Aoxa

Thank you for the update. Hatch days are so exciting.:)

Four of my hens are now broody (one of them is the easter egger, the others are spprs). I am letting them sit on eggs so should have lots of little ones next month.

Bye for now.

PEI Chicken

OK I lost an extra SPPR cockerel do to cocci, it just blowed up suddenly in 2 pens due to water run off from excess rain, a gutter problem and a stopped up drain. He was an extra but still not cool at all.  I hate wasting a chicken. If they are not breeders they are eaters.  So we moved all they birds in the worst 2 pens to clean areas(no water) and this weekend I am going to work on the gutter once again on the back of the barn(need new gutter) but I will need to see if I can fix it probably not, I am pretty sure I need to replace it. Then try to unstop the drain. Also have several Australorps that Will be questionable if they make it and lost a SFH. 

Sorry to hear it. Extra or not it always stinks when one dies. We just went through that. Luckily got advice on here to use Corid and it worked. Lost one SPR and several newbie polish. Daughter devastated.

[/IMG]
More pics of the rocks. The BR's definitely develop more gracefully. The SPR's have the longest ugly duckling stage I've ever seen. ;)
We have five SPR's total i think all female. We have three BR (one is a roo) maybe a perfect breeding trio for my daughters 4H project. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Hi All
I received 12 Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock chicks from Mr Horstman a couple months ago and I am very pleased in the way they are looking. I would like to learn more about Charles McIntosh's Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock line. Can anyone please let me know if Dick Horstman's Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock line still carry Charles McIntosh blood line in them. I am also interested in to knowing were Superior Farms ( Danny Padgett ) got their Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks from. I would be very grateful for any information on the history of these breed lines.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom