Plymouth Rock thread!

IMG_20130829_084154_zpsbd348097.jpg

What did you think of this method of shipping these eggs. Where does a person purchase these foam cut out packs?

I have seen this in quail and pheasant web sites seems to work pretty good.

It will be interesting in about five days how the fertility turns out on your eggs.

Glad you got these and latter can see what kind of line he has. I think it will be good.

5 LF Buff Rocks at 9 1/2 weeks from Roebuck....lots of feathers in the coop/run so some juvenile molting is in process...in my amateur opinion, loving their color, type and size even this early in the game...very nice temperaments too.

5 LF Buff Rocks at 9 1/2 weeks from Roebuck....lots of feathers in the coop/run so some juvenile molting is in process...in my amateur opinion, loving their color, type and size even this early in the game...very nice temperaments too.

Is it playing chicken soccer?

I will give an opinion on the foam shipper....not worth it. I got 30+ silkies eggs in them 2 chicks. I got 2 doz from Good Shepard Ranch in the foam and 2 doz in egg cartons 10 chicks. Another 6 in them 1 chick. I just don't find they really protect the eggs. eggs wrapped in bubble wrap and shipped with the fat end up like you do for hatching works the best. had great hatches with eggs shipped that way.

I will have to agree that the bubble wrap is better. Shipping eggs sure is a expensive way to start a flock. I guess I have not learned that yet because I still do,it. What's up with that LOL

I will give an opinion on the foam shipper....not worth it. I got 30+ silkies eggs in them 2 chicks. I got 2 doz from Good Shepard Ranch in the foam and 2 doz in egg cartons 10 chicks. Another 6 in them 1 chick. I just don't find they really protect the eggs. eggs wrapped in bubble wrap and shipped with the fat end up like you do for hatching works the best. had great hatches with eggs shipped that way.

The bubble wrap is the way I shipped eggs for the two or three years I was doing it regularly. For one whole year, I think I shipped eggs almost every single week except during December's holiday rush. Had zero broken eggs out of that. I heard reports that the foam doesn't stabilize the eggs as well as the bubble wrap done like a mini burrito, with packing material in between each egg so none can shift. That way, unless a truck runs over it, nothing will crack an egg. Had great luck stories from my customers, a couple of even 100% hatches. Of course, shell quality also has something to do with a shipped egg making it or not.
Let's just say that I am convinced that is the best way to ship and would never change it. Have received eggs that way most of the time as well and had good hatches from them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom