Plymouth Rock thread!

Black Panther when I got the chance to get a trio of these birds brought in from Canada I had two people to choose from. One with some large fowl experience but did not take the care of the birds as well as Scott. Sometimes your choice is how did they raise their feed store birds rather can they raise fancy Standard Breed H chickens. The proof was it worked and we worked togeather
and in three years look at the results. One day someone is going to show a nice female and get on Champion Row somewhere.

Now the next step is don't be afraid. We have been down this path and you just breed for shape or type the first few years as a beginner. Just say yes. You will not regret it That's why we are here to help you nubies. Where you a lurker once? Now you are a poster. No you need to be a foster parent for a rare H breed.

big_smile.png
Thank you! I am encouraged! Right now I'm just waiting for my pullets to get a little age on them before I incubate their eggs, but I would love any help with selection once they get there!

200x200px-ZC-43fc8d7c_IMG_0001.jpeg

Some one asked if I would post a picture of a young
Barred Rock Male with a good tail. So here it is.
Jamie Duckworth line. three years ago

Duckworth male a year ago. Great tail as I have seen in Ten years.
This is the result of Tom Wheeler crossing a white rock onto a barred rock many years ago.
Jamie mixed this in to his other line six years ago. So if anyone wants to cross a bunch of strains into a line
its all ready been done correctly. great strain of barred rocks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom