Plymouth Rock thread!

Looking good

The pullet/hen in this pix, standing profiled and looking to the right, I'd put her in my pens in an NY minute

LL

X 2 here
big_smile.png

Hello Har, Silver Rock and Yard Full and all

Thank you for your comments on my spprs.

I'm happy to say that I made my first sale of 2 breeding trios this fall. I am hoping that the recipient has as much fun raising them as I am having.

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to all. I feel that my chickens are a blessing to me, and I am very thankful for them.

PEI Chicken

I'm happy to say that I made my first sale of 2 breeding trios this fall. I am hoping that the recipient has as much fun raising them as I am having.

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to all. I feel that my chickens are a blessing to me, and I am very thankful for them.

PEI Chicken

Great news about selling trios....always good to help others get started and Happy Thanksgiving to you as well

I had a well known "rock breeder" contact me regarding a trio of birds.....made me feel like perhaps I'm actually doing something right!!

PEI Chicken

Your welcome, it is great to see your SPPR line getting distributed around as they are awesome! The SPPRs that Aoxa got from you look great and I am sure Wynette are just as nice. I think anyone fortunate enough to obtain stock from you will be very pleased in what they get. :)

Thank you, Clayton Grace "Silver Rock"

Hi, Janet! LOVE the pics, thanks so much for posting. It's refereshing to see some green in your pics! Most of the pics you'd sent me via PM had snow in them - ha!

Your ladies are lovely, and the one in the middle below in particular looks quite nice:

Note that topline - LOVELY!
love.gif
also note the female to the right, and that nice "teepee" tail - indicates a good, wide body. Holy cow, I am just crossing my fingers that some of the females I have from you have the same conformation. I am sure enjoying watching them grow out! The nicest female from the oldest batch from you went to the SPR pen just yesterday. She's got filling out to do yet, of course, and the poor girl was shocked when my male SPR began attempting to be amorous with her...but she'll soon learn what that is all about. Looking so forward to next years' breeding - it will be my 8th year breeding the SPR - goodness, how time has flown!

Hi, Janet! LOVE the pics, thanks so much for posting. It's refereshing to see some green in your pics! Most of the pics you'd sent me via PM had snow in them - ha!

Your ladies are lovely, and the one in the middle below in particular looks quite nice:

Note that topline - LOVELY!
love.gif
also note the female to the right, and that nice "teepee" tail - indicates a good, wide body. Holy cow, I am just crossing my fingers that some of the females I have from you have the same conformation. I am sure enjoying watching them grow out! The nicest female from the oldest batch from you went to the SPR pen just yesterday. She's got filling out to do yet, of course, and the poor girl was shocked when my male SPR began attempting to be amorous with her...but she'll soon learn what that is all about. Looking so forward to next years' breeding - it will be my 8th year breeding the SPR - goodness, how time has flown!

All of my females from Janet have that lovely teepee. I really like it!

Who doesn't like the fluffy butts :p

Asking Wynette or Janet (PEI CHICKEN) when do the SPPR boys look pretty? They are going through such an awkward stage right now. So when do their big boy feathers come in?

Janet, I want to thank you again for allowing me to hatch your eggs out of the kindness of your heart. I really love them!

Just for fun (for Janet) here is my Easter Egger x SPPR female from your green egg layer. I just love her feathering. She has the pea comb, so good chances of green eggs like her mother. The other was all black and I sold her to a friend in desperate want of coloured eggs. I didn't want to let her go, she was so pretty, and I'm sure would have been a great egg layer!

Back
Top Bottom