Plymouth Rock thread!

MY white rock has lost a little weight since I have hadhim. I'm not sure if it is because the stress of being in a new place or what. But is there anything I can give him to help him gain a little weight? He isn't skinny by any means, but I would like him to fill out.

hulled sunflower seeds, dried mealworms and/or mixing in some canola or sunflower oil to a quality chick starter should help him get into condition again.

I Love my pet Nugget! she is a barred rock that comes when you call her, never pecks, and LOVES cuddles. She is on my username.
love.gif

Last edited:
interesting that the one chick is so much lighter. Is it simoly the position or not as dried off as the others? Or just individual difference?

Yes that chick was the first to hatch and has dried a little more than the others. But from the SPPR chicks that I have hatched out so far the cockerel chicks do seem to be a little lighter.

Cute chicks, congrats on your hatch. Didnt you have some of these hatch last week? Hatching is addicting

Thank you, Yes I got 8 SPPR chicks last week. I guess I am addicted as I have more eggs that should be hatching out in 2 weeks. I am only getting a few eggs a week from only two pullets. I had four pullets but a few week ago I choose to cull two of them as their cushion problem was to much. :)

Back
Top Bottom