Plymouth Rock thread!

I don't know anyone in the US. They are light coloured here. Not dark.

I just instructed my friend who has them to take updated pictures. :)

Awesome!
big_smile.png

Ok I got the weights on my 7 month old Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks today. At first I was a little disappointed at the weights I got but looking at the Standard I am happy as the cockerel is about a 1/2 lb. over weight and the pullets are only a 1/2 lb. under weight.

Cockerel - 001 - 8lbs. 9oz
Pullet - 009 - 5lbs. 8oz
Pullet - 010 - 5lbs. 7oz

HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!

Ok I got the weights on my 7 month old Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks today. At first I was a little disappointed at the weights I got but looking at the Standard I am happy as the cockerel is about a 1/2 lb. over weight and the pullets are only a 1/2 lb. under weight.

Cockerel - 001 - 8lbs. 9oz
Pullet - 009 - 5lbs. 8oz
Pullet - 010 - 5lbs. 7oz

HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!
That's a good sized boy :)

I have one Cornish X girl that is 21 weeks and is laying up a storm. Whoever said CX can't procreate never raised them like I do :)

Check her out.. being mated by an ugly molting frizzle LOL

We call her Big Bertha.

The point of this is I am going to put my biggest SPPR male over her and try to hatch some chicks that will grow a little bit faster than dual purpose birds all intended for the table.

I'd rather hatch them myself than buy.

Maybe this can be her mate. He's a week older.

I have one Cornish X girl that is 21 weeks and is laying up a storm. Whoever said CX can't procreate never raised them like I do :) Check her out.. being mated by an ugly molting frizzle LOL We call her Big Bertha. The point of this is I am going to put my biggest SPPR male over her and try to hatch some chicks that will grow a little bit faster than dual purpose birds all intended for the table. I'd rather hatch them myself than buy. Maybe this can be her mate. He's a week older.
The young SPPR cockerel you have there looks to have great size to him also. Very Nice! :)

I have one Cornish X girl that is 21 weeks and is laying up a storm. Whoever said CX can't procreate never raised them like I do :)

Check her out.. being mated by an ugly molting frizzle LOL

We call her Big Bertha.

The point of this is I am going to put my biggest SPPR male over her and try to hatch some chicks that will grow a little bit faster than dual purpose birds all intended for the table.

I'd rather hatch them myself than buy.

Maybe this can be her mate. He's a week older.
One of the prettiest pyle roosters I ever saw was out of a broiler hen(cornishX) and a BBR game cock he was awesome too a great flock-watcher.

FYI those cornish Xs are bred to be dominant white so you can't expect much color from the offspring from that concoction. all will be white with flecks(leakage) of black or red here there and yonder.

Jeff

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom