Plymouth Rock thread!

Finally, a thaw on Prince Edward Island, and with a couple of feet of snow melted, these silver penciled PRs can enjoy the freedom of the great outdoors!

Four of them found their way to the woodshed, and really wanted to stay there.

Do we really have to leave?

It's too slippery on this ice!

Does she really expect us to walk through this snow?

Slip sliding all the way!

Back safe and sound in our pen. There's no place like home.

Enjoying this break in the cold weather, before winter returns again. Hard to believe that winter has just started. Long time before the warm weather really comes.

Bye for now.
PEI Chicken

Finally, a thaw on Prince Edward Island, and with a couple of feet of snow melted, these silver penciled PRs can enjoy the freedom of the great outdoors!

Enjoying this break in the cold weather, before winter returns again. Hard to believe that winter has just started. Long time before the warm weather really comes.

Bye for now.
PEI Chicken
We have the ice here too. I took a sled down to the barn the other day to avoid slipping again. It's the Canadian way to chore ;) LOL

Adorable pictures. Mine are finally getting out and about as well.

This weather is beautiful. I don't want to go back!

Four of them found their way to the woodshed, and really wanted to stay there.

Do we really have to leave?

Does she really expect us to walk through this snow?

Slip sliding all the way!

Back safe and sound in our pen. There's no place like home.

Bye for now.
PEI Chicken

Good morning PEI Chickens, I love seeing pictures of your Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks as they look awesome. Thank you for sharing them! :)
Here are a few pictures of my Dick Horstman line Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks that are 9 months old now. :)
IMG_20140114_122750_zps60c15c45.jpg

IMG_20140114_122638_zpse4e7406f.jpg

IMG_20140114_122744_zpsdf0b6ed4.jpg

IMG_20140114_122301_zps69b207b1.jpg

Here are a few pictures of my Danny Padgett line Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks that will be 4 months old this coming Sunday. :)
IMG_20140114_130716_zps196d533a.jpg

IMG_20140114_130647_zpsdd4ebad0.jpg

IMG_20140114_130638_zps19e45a22.jpg

IMG_20140114_130436_zpsa167f40c.jpg

Last edited:
LOVE all the pics! Thanks, Janet, for posting pics of your birds. Clayton, yours are all growing out nicely. Thanks for sharing pics.

I really need to get some more pics of my SPR from Janet - they're just now beginning to venture out. This has been a bad winter thus far; but geesh, you'd think they'd show a bit of appreciate for me bustin' my butt to shovel out part of their run for them! Nope. Nothing more than a peek out the pophole door.
roll.png

LOVE all the pics! Thanks, Janet, for posting pics of your birds. Clayton, yours are all growing out nicely. Thanks for sharing pics.

I really need to get some more pics of my SPR from Janet - they're just now beginning to venture out. This has been a bad winter thus far; but geesh, you'd think they'd show a bit of appreciate for me bustin' my butt to shovel out part of their run for them! Nope. Nothing more than a peek out the pophole door.
roll.png
Mine are the same way! They are the only girls that don't venture out at all. It's hard to tell they are Canadian ;) lol

My other birds are all venturing out ice or snow. As long as the snow isn't too deep. They are walking on it now that it is all frozen.

LOVE all the pics!  Thanks, Janet, for posting pics of your birds.  Clayton, yours are all growing out nicely.  Thanks for sharing pics.

I really need to get some more pics of my SPR from Janet - they're just now beginning to venture out.  This has been a bad winter thus far; but geesh, you'd think they'd show a bit of appreciate for me bustin' my butt to shovel out part of their run for them!  Nope.  Nothing more than a peek out the pophole door.  :rolleyes:

Hi Wynette
Thank you for the good words on my Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks. I have a long way to go to get them where I want them as in Type & Color. But I am happy with the birds I have now as a start into reaching my Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock breeding goals for the future. While taking with Danny Padgett a few months ago at the ABA Nationals he told me the Horstman & Padgett Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock lines are basically the same. With both holding much of the same Tommy Stanley line in their origins. With both lines holding much of the same blood in their background the cross between the two lines shouldn't produce to many off the wall SPPR chicks as in Type & Color. I am hoping that in crossing my Horstman cockerel over my best Padgett pullets come Fall I will come up with some nice SPPR chicks to keep moving forward with. :)

Clayton Grace "Silver Rock"

Back
Top Bottom