Plymouth Rock thread!

Pics
13263_april23elmerand_019.jpg

left to right: Toad - sizzle and delaware, my blue baby girl, Blue (doh) and Perhaps a Delaware pullet. Perhaps may not be a keeper. Of course, only Blue is a rock. I need more blue rocks. But I need to fix my incubator first. I may fiddle along with blue delawares....

Quote:
Just wondering if yours had whitish legs or yellow legs? My cuckoo Marans look just like that but with white legs instead. and they seem to have more of the cuckoo bars, my barred rocks had more symetrical bars if that makes sense? Hmmmm They are beautiful birds though.
big_smile.png

I'm by no means an expert! so sorry if this has been mentioned before, because I could and probably are wrong. Which is the norm for me.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I have a cuckoo over wheaten marans, his legs are white too, he looks -- well -- like a bad crele, which is what he is in a round about way. He's a sweet guy though. Too sweet - the banties kick him around.

Sometimes a flash will wash out legs in a picture, I have had it happen.

If white legged and cuckoo'd instead of symetrical bars - it's a cuckoo something.

If black washed over yellow legged and straight barred - it's a barred rock.

But I've seen MIXES of cuckoo and barred heritage - messes all possible identification up totally.

I just finished my hatch ... 10 BRs, from DuckTang eggs ....

31282_barredrocks_010.jpg

31282_barredrocks_011.jpg

No, you are not seeing things ..... all 10 of these came from BR eggs (he has no other breeds)!

I got a, "sport!" This is how the white rock was created. Less than 3% of BR eggs hatch these, and it will still carry the barred gene.

It's my first time raising chickens and I bought some straight run chicks, I know 5 of them are hen and one might be a rooster. ALL are Plymouth rocks, There pretty birds.

Back
Top Bottom