Plymouth Rock thread!

Pics
LOVE the sparrow-chasing pic - great action shot!
thumbsup.gif

I got my order from ideal poultry yesterday! It includes 2 BR pullets (yay), 2 gold sex links and 6 RIWhites (Im rather wishing I had made that white rocks now). Im still debating on ordering again, but a straight run of white rocks (and 2 leghorn girls for my leghorn roo whos only companion is another roo).

Quote:
I raise both large and bantam Buff Rocks. Good temperament on both. Males aren't overly aggressive with the females, and not aggressive at all toward humans that I can tell. The do lay well too. As far as your inquiry about whether they are noisy, not really. Very calm demeanor for the most part. I'll see if I can get some photos tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks:) I rescued some from the local feed store there sexed so hope there is no rooster. I believe this one is standard but not sure.

I wish wish wish I could have kept my little roo!!! They are SO beautiful! But, he has a nice home now. A local man picked him up with two of my 4 week old BPR pullets to start his own breeding trio. Glad they found a good home, he was a nice looking little roo!

Wynette my eggs are here
wee.gif
picked them up this morning I think I'll put them in late tonight. They arrived in fine shape nicely wrapped
clap.gif
now for the 21 day wait. Please send me good hatching vibes for some of those beautiful Silver Penciled Rocks
thumbsup.gif

Neela (Left) and Alice, blue Plymouth Rocks at 20 weeks old. No eggs yet, but you can see they should be coming very soon!

DCP_5523.jpg

Barbara, daughter of Fern and Dutch, granddaughter of Ivy. She is rather petite, I think, which surprises me, considering her parentage:

DCP_5522.jpg

If anyone has any pics of their barred rocks, from like 1-6 weeks old, could you post them, maybe with what their gender ended up being? I picked up 4 barred rocks today....or so i was told, and now im second guessing big time. My camera is broken, or id post pics of them...If anyone wouldnt mind, it might give me a little reassurance. One is like totally black! and a lot bigger then the others, the seller said they were 5 weeks old, but honestly they look like theyre 1-2 weeks! im so afraid i was dooped! man oh man.

Thanks for any help!

Back
Top Bottom