Plymouth Rock thread!

I have an action shot of her running away. Lol. Chickens are harder to photograph than yiu'd think. Lol. I'll post that.

As to the cockerals, which one has a better profile? I love the tail in the butt shot. Is that how they're supposed to look?

See the crazy feather on the hen? Is that genetic? A lot of my birds have that and it drives me nuts.

Last edited:
Just thought I would alert anyone in California that I have some blue and blue barred rock chicks for sale on here. Also, one of the blue barred chicks has a bigger head spot than the rest - I know they are not sex linked as the Dad is barred (single gene), but does the bigger head spot mean anything?

Hi HennyPenny

It's so nice to see other's silver pencilled birds! I have a few too and I also have some brown "smut" on two ofmy roosters. And I 'm also wondering about dark feathers at the bottom of my hen's wings. Is that an aberation to avoid?

We are still getting snow here, so little chance for outside pics yet, but I'd love to see more pics of yours and Cheryl's SPPRs. I'll take pictures when it gets a bit warmer.

Love to hear your thoughts on what traits I should be trying for when breeding SPPRs.

Thank you.

Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know I picked up 5 pullets and 1 cockerel yesterday! These are my 1st barred rocks, i remember growing up with them at my grandparents :) hope to stay in touch with everyone here

Hehehe, now, Stan, you said you were going to get your boys from Kathy in Ocala. If that does turn out to be a male, you just need to get up here and get him, but at this point, it has super dark leg fronts, almost no head spot and very thin bars on the wings. Time will tell, certainly. I will not be keeping a cockerel right now, maybe I'll hatch later on, but not while I still have my Delaware rooster in charge of the main flock. He'd probably kill a BR male.

Hey guys are barred rocks good fliers? or will a 5ft fence be high enough, or six foot? or do i need a bigger one?

Back
Top Bottom