Plymouth Rock thread!

clap.gif
Pics 2,3 and maybe 4 look kinda' like boys. I'd guess the last 2 older chicks are pretty girls. If they aren't girls, they gonna' be pretty boys! Congrats, you got a nice mix it looks like. ...stan

Thanks, Stan, I couldnt be happier with them, really!

Cyn, every time I go out to the barn, I have to go over and look at them. They are just so incredibly beautiful. I still wouldnt bet the farm on which are boys, but at least it looks like there probably are a few.

Hey Rock experts! Have a question for you :)

Here are some chickens I got a couple years ago. Mom and dad. Are they Rocks? What color? Columbian? In any case, they got a new home. But not before I found...

... THIS little cutie under mom.

He or she is still with us and we are raising it up, but I would like to know... are these Plymouth rocks? Is this little baby a Partrige color? Thank you :)

You have to ask yourself where did your chicks come from. Are the flock mated like 20 pullets and three or four cockerels per mating ??. Are these birds breed for high egg production. Then you need to ask your self is my birds really Barred Plymouth Rocks or not. My first Barred Rocks 50 years ago had red beaks green legs and produced black chicks sometimes. I later found out these where not pure Barred rocks but it was a start. Now I have the real Plymouth Rocks with yellow beaks and yellow legs and are so big they can almost eat off the top of a wooden whiskey bar ow. There are thousands - of barred rocks chicks sold and ship ed to your home or you can buy them at tractor supply or your local feed store. There are a few Barred Rocks that only say 200 chicks are sold to people or a few hundred eggs. These do look differ net than the thousands that people get. What you have to do is learn the difference between the two types or dont worry about it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/katz0556/07%20Chickens/whiterockckl2008.jpg

Here is a picture of what beak and leg color should look like on a Plymouth Rock regardless of the color of the bird.

I hope your birds will be great layers like mine where. bob
Why would my hatchlings beaks be red? Just not good genes?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom