Plymouth Rock thread!

Hello all, I finally finished reading all the post in this thread, you guys are VERY helpful. My SPPR were at 5 weeks yesterday so I took pics of each one (13 total). These are from Dick Horstman's chickens. I am pretty sure on 9 of them, however, there are 4 that are iffy, would you please help me and let me know if they are Hens or Roos? Also, what should I be looking for in these guys as far as feathers? It is hard to find a lot of info on this color.

Here are what I am sure are the boys
Roo #1

Roo #2

Roo #3

Roo#4

Okay these are the ones I am not sure about
Unsure #1

Unsure #2

Unsure #3

Unsure #4

Okay and these are what I belive to be pullets, please don't tell me I am wrong
fl.gif

Pullet #1

Pullet #2

Pullet #3

Pullet #4

And last but not least Pullet #5

Im a first time chicken owner so this may be a silly question. I have 6 2wk old barred rocks. How will I ever tell them apart? We tried leg banding but it led to pecking in the 1st five minutes so they were promptly removed

i need opinions, do you think these are cockrels ?they are roughly 4 weeks old. thanks
the first is a blue rock

the second is a blue barred rock
Those pics SCREAM Roos.... sorry! You need more...I have some that are the same age and DON'T look like that! LOL or you need some NH... or both.....

Yep, I have to admit I "scanned" a few pages skipping over quite a few post that were just pleasantries, you guys are REALLY nice so that cut out some time DH is not happy with my since that is all I would do from 8:30 (kids put down) until midnight :) plus i was home sick on Monday and Tuesday, however I think I forgot a lot of what I read, info OVERLOAD :)

I picked up a few young Barred Rocks. They should start laying in the next month or so. Im wondering if they are pure bred Barred Rocks... How would I be able to tell. The one is very light, more white than anything else on her chest. One has a solid white wing feather.. Are those things normal for the breed?

Back
Top Bottom