Plymouth Rock thread!

I have spent days reading through this thread. What great info and pics!

My 4 "girls" are right now 3.5 weeks old. When I got them from the hatchery they all were basically identical. Same sized and shaped head spot, same wash down the legs, same size. Now at 3.5 weeks they are starting to feather out and 2 are lighter coloured than the other 2. I did order pullets but, I am beginning to wonder if I got some roos. I am not opposed to a roo since I had thought I'd need to get one next year (to keep my flock together and "protect" them from being absconded by the roo 3 houses away)

If I manage to get some pics would it be worth the stress to them (they don't really like being handled much right now) or are they at an age that is difficult to tell at? I am wondering but, being unsure is not stressing me out or anything. lol.

Welcome Tigertrea! If you do get pics, post them in both places because I love pictures and even if I can't help, I like to see them
big_smile.png

Here are couple of my five 10 week old Columbian Plymouth Rocks. I also have seven 2 week old CR chicks, all hatched from YardfullofRocks eggs (Scott)

Nice to see these in Arkansas! Now if any of our youth down here in SE Arkansas want some, we know where to send them.

Will we see these at the Arkansas State Fair this fall?

Here are couple of my five 10 week old Columbian Plymouth Rocks. I also have seven 2 week old CR chicks, all hatched from YardfullofRocks eggs (Scott)

Nice to see these in Arkansas! Now if any of our youth down here in SE Arkansas want some, we know where to send them. 

Will we see these at the Arkansas State Fair this fall?

Jim,
My main goal this year is to help Scott improve and preserve these beautiful birds. The Columbian color pattern is new to me and different than breeding my RIR. So there is going to be a nice challenge ahead.
You probabaly won't see them there this year maybe next year.
Of course I will be glad to help any youth you send my way.
BTW how are Jimmy's RIR chicks looking and do you think he will be showing any of them this fall?

Back
Top Bottom