Plymouth Rock thread!

Doesnt really look like a barred rock to me. From the spot on the head, Id say boy, but you'll have to wait a bit to tell for sure.

We ordered Cal from mypetchicken as a Barrred Plymoth Rock, I don;t think she(hopefully) has any Aussie in her but you never know

Looks like everyone's chickens are coming along nice!

Big Poppa here has passed even the chickens that are 4 weeks older than him even. He is going to be a BIG boy!
In height, girth, everything! His legs are becoming thick as well.
He was 14 weeks old yesterday. He LOVES water. Put a bigger bowl in the pen and he stand and plays in it or spray some
onto the ground so it puddles and he acts like a 3 year old, first to get wet and dirty!
lau.gif
He has much personality!

"Why have you not brought me treats today, woman? And what is this thing that you are looking at me through?"

I don't know if I fit in here or not...I just got my first chickens ever this past spring, and I opted for a VERY mixed flock of 7 pullets. Gotta say, though, that our barred rock, Amelia, is hands-down our family favorite. She got her name the day we brought her home. Even at a week old, she was bold, curious, and determined to fly, so we named her Amelia Earhardt. She has lived up to that name every day since. She is the undisputed leader of the flock, not because she's aggressive, but just because her bold curiosity, and her ability to find new, interesting, and possibly tasty stuff. Really, she's like a puppy with feathers and a beak! The only down side is that you have to be careful going in or out the back door, as she'd like to be a house chicken, but we have to draw the line somewhere.

Anyway, count me in as a barred rock fan!

--Nikki

p.s. Watching her, my 4 year old daughter said, "Amelia is so curious! Well, they're all curious, but Amelia is curiouser!"

Yeah, they all like my deck rail, but it's Amelia who looks as though she'd like to hop through the kitchen window! Thank goodness for screens....

Looks like everyone's chickens are coming along nice!

Big Poppa here has passed even the chickens that are 4 weeks older than him even. He is going to be a BIG boy!
In height, girth, everything! His legs are becoming thick as well.
He was 14 weeks old yesterday. He LOVES water. Put a bigger bowl in the pen and he stand and plays in it or spray some
onto the ground so it puddles and he acts like a 3 year old, first to get wet and dirty!
lau.gif
He has much personality!

"Why have you not brought me treats today, woman? And what is this thing that you are looking at me through?"

lau.gif
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
"Woman...I'm warning you....that THING had better be made of bread!!!...or else!"
lau.gif
D.gif
I also have attack chickens hehe attack the treat bowel and everythings else I carry in my hand that might be a treat! They lay in wait right outside the door! and come Zooming at the first creak hehe

lau.gif
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
"Woman...I'm warning you....that THING had better be made of bread!!!...or else!"
lau.gif
D.gif
I also have attack chickens hehe attack the treat bowel and everythings else I carry in my hand that might be a treat! They lay in wait right outside the door! and come Zooming at the first creak hehe

LOL!
gig.gif
I'm sure that's exactly what he was thinking! He's always first to the scrap bowl for sure. Waiting by the gate as soon as I even come out of the house One time he took my house keys out of my hand!
D.gif
Little turd!
tongue.png
They were shiny and I had not put the bowl down yet with green bean scraps so he just took what he could grab!

I don't know if I fit in here or not...I just got my first chickens ever this past spring, and I opted for a VERY mixed flock of 7 pullets. Gotta say, though, that our barred rock, Amelia, is hands-down our family favorite. She got her name the day we brought her home. Even at a week old, she was bold, curious, and determined to fly, so we named her Amelia Earhardt. She has lived up to that name every day since. She is the undisputed leader of the flock, not because she's aggressive, but just because her bold curiosity, and her ability to find new, interesting, and possibly tasty stuff. Really, she's like a puppy with feathers and a beak! The only down side is that you have to be careful going in or out the back door, as she'd like to be a house chicken, but we have to draw the line somewhere.

Anyway, count me in as a barred rock fan!

--Nikki

p.s. Watching her, my 4 year old daughter said, "Amelia is so curious! Well, they're all curious, but Amelia is curiouser!"

Yeah, they all like my deck rail, but it's Amelia who looks as though she'd like to hop through the kitchen window! Thank goodness for screens....
Oh Nikki, your birds are so pretty! Amelia sounds precious. I just love the barred rocks! Of course you fit in! Welcome!

SpeckledHen- Dru is looking great! She is gorgeous!
love.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom