Plz Help Guys - Urgent

Hello Rabbi, I dont think anyone mentioned yet, This is contagious to your other chickens. If it isnt already too late you can separate her . I see she is eating good by the size of her crop. Remove any standing water or stagnate water to help minimize mosquitoes . I have read where some will put iodine on the pox wounds. I have no idea if this helps or not. Its supposed to dry them up.

It might help relive the itching to wash her face and eyes with some warm salty water (not too salty). Then apply some triple antibiotic ointment. I don't think that you are supposed to use the kind with the pain reliever "lidocaine" in it. You can also dissolve 1 aspirin in a quart/liter of water and let her drink as much of that as she will through out the day, it should help with the pain some.
For immediate relief, you can crush 1/4 of a regular 325mg or 1 baby aspirin 80mg and sprinkle it/mix it in a treat food. Here's a link to better directions:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/aspirin-dosing.1198396/

Some of our Elder Members with more expert knowledge will chime in soon with more detailed advise.
I hope your girl gets to feeling better.
Thanks for the reply Walrus , I'll apply these man

Back
Top Bottom