plz help me!!!!!!!!

jason180sx

Songster
8 Years
Mar 26, 2011
ireland
hi
i have a brooding hen and they are due to hatch today and i lifted my hen to see if any hatch and i saw she has a no feathers under her its just skin
whats happening is the eggs getin the right heat help me
thanks

Hi Jason, that's normal. The broody hen pulls out her feathers for two reasons, one to make the nest cozy, and the other being so her skin can come into direct contact with the eggs, keeping them nice and warm too.

No worries!
Sharon

no i got the eggs of a man that had a breeding pair of most breeds so 1 roo and 1 hen is they is a good chance that they are fertilize

Jason - have you candled the eggs? Are you sure they are fertile?

I have had one egg hatch on day 25, so if the eggs are fertile and when candled - look like they have developed........I would just let your broody set.

fl.gif
that they hatch soon.

When I candle, I just use a flashlight in a darkened room.

Hold the egg to the lense of the flashlight and cup my hand around the egg/lense so less light leaks out.

At 22 days, the majority of the egg should be dark - no light seeping thru - the aircell will be visible and you might even see a beak in the aircell.

If your egg candles clear - then they were infertile or stopped developing.

I recommend candling an egg that you have in the fridge first - so you can see what a clear egg really looks like. Then candle your broody's eggs.

The eggs can be out from under her for a bit - just don't let them get cold or wet.

Back
Top Bottom