PLZ HELP MY JUST HATCHED CHICK!!

I'm too nervous to do it. I see your up late tonight again! :p I can't sleep due to a deer tick still embedded in my arm. Already have the "bulls eye ring" for frickin Lyme disease. Doctor tomorrow, but PAIN tonight. I cleared a spot in our back by the creek for our new "Quack Shack" that we're building. (Wouldn't be right to call it a "chicken coop" since its for ducks & geese). Let me know if you hear from Jennyxo. I know how concerned she was. Thanks.

Don't tell me... you got 2 baby boys... and days later you have a litter? Same happened to us! We "supposedly" had 2 girls, went away over night and found 7 babies in the hutch!

Last edited:
No we got 4. 2 to keep as pet's. 2 for dinner. One of the white dinner ones gave us baby's. They were all supposed to be male. We've had them around a month now.

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for their mentorship, concern, advice, and sincerity. I would have been an even bigger mess had I not had such an awesome support system.
hugs.gif

and as promised,......
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* MEET GYSPY!!! *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I'm sorry it took me so long to update but this afternoon I finally got those pictures I promised taken. I named her Gypsy due to my unhealthy obsession with TLC's My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. haha. She fluffed up in the incubator for 24 hours as she was pretty wet from helping her. We didn't see her drink for a a while even when we dipped her beak in the water. She would just refuse. We put her in a hamster cage we had with a heat lamp on top and put her on a step in the garage next to two 6 week olds that are in a awaiting their new coop in a big reptile tank. I'm wanting to get her a friend her age but I'm dead set on a splash since I'm only going to have 8 chickens max and it will be a couple weeks until I can drive through Durant to pick one up from the only reputable breeder i've been able to find in Oklahoma. (we're going to Texas and it's on the way) Anyways, she got dehydrated and started panting so we MADE her drink and she is now drinking on her own running around chirping happily and playing with us. We played in the grass today (90 degrees today here in OK) and she had a wonderful time pecking at some tiny green bugs....... oh, does she look like she's going to be black or blue?

Back
Top Bottom