1. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    I'm not sure where I should post this, or to whom I should address this~~but I have to start somewhere.

Though my "PM email notification is currently enabled" I'm not being notified by email when a PM has been sent to me. Normally, this wouldn't be a big deal; but I'm in the middle of two bidding wars for eggs at auction, so I don't get the notifications when I've been outbid.

How can I rememdy this problem?

Thanks
    Sandy

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Sandy go to your messages folder-scroll all the way to the bottom it should ask you if you want to be notified or not-press it and it should activcate you-

oh duh I just realized you said it WAS enabled-are you sure you are checking the right email addy? Some people have a few and forget which ones they first used

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  3. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Check your email account's spam folder, if it has one. Sometimes BYC emails end up there.

4. Bat Cave Silkies

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    Thank you both for your suggestions.

Yep~~it's "turned on"

Nothing in Spam either. I'm getting email notices for the threads I've subscribed to, but no emails notifying me of a PM.....

Hey Nat : Gracie (my black/lav pullet) laid her FIRST egg yesterday [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:that is awesome!!!! how is she??? how old is she now:) She has to be as old as the birds Im getting eggs from. I believe we were hatching together??? LOL

6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    got your pm!!!!

7. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think the email notifications of PM's works for PM's that are sent through the automated process from BSA listings.

8. Bat Cave Silkies

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    You might be right Nifty, my memory isn't as good as it use to be.

I just thought, in the past, with other auctions, I received email notifications when a PM was sent to me notifying me that I had been outbid....

[​IMG]

I do know my PM's are working, sonew123 was kind enough to verify it for me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by