Poison Ivy.... Got any suggestions

porkchop48

Songster
11 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Malta, OH
I am tired of it. I swear I walk by it and I get it.

I have had it almost constantly for the last 3 months despite wearing long sleeves and long pants to weed eat, pull weed, etc. Right now it is the worst, both arms, the back of both hands, one leg from knee down, my butt ( how the heck did that happen) and part of my back. I am miserable.

Lets here the home remedies.... I will try them all short of scraping my skin off with a potatoe peeler. But then again if it gets much worse I might just do that as well.

I have some goats....

I mean about on me
big_smile.png
I itch I am miserable.

Have you tried the poison ivy scrub at the drugstore? CVS has it, it's either a CVS brand or it's called Technu Extreme Posion Ivy Scrub - you need to put a dollop in your hand and add very little water, turning it into a scrub. Rub it on the infected areas and leave it on for at least three minutes. You may need to repeat. Now, if the PI is inyour bloodstream already (it happens to me every year like you) then it will not work. You will need to get to the doctor for something.

Quote:
My goats are dairy goats.

Can you explain this a little better for me? Sorry still very new to goats.

CVS... I pass one of those on my way home from work. I will be stopping. Thank you. Benedryl cream and that pink stuff are not even working as of now.

Were you burning brush lately or been around some place that was burning ?
If you breath in the smoke of poison Ivy you will can it all over like that happen to me once and i broke out all over like you discribed.

I boiled willow leaves and took bath in them, helped stop the itchen for a while till the outbreak started ozzing which is when it itches and can be spread more.

Hope ya get better soon ya may have to get a shot from the doc to speed up the recovery if it is this bad.

Last edited:
Take a hot soapy shower immediately after walking in. Wear rubber gloves to handle your clothes when putting them in the washer. My daughter got poison ivy last winter when it was frozen! We finally let her back in the woods thinking it was fine. Nope, we headed to the doc for steroids! My youngest daughter is so allergic, she has a reaction head to toe from the slightest scratch. She will miss up to a week of school if she gets it during the school year.

We basically have to keep her out of all the wooded areas.

Back
Top Bottom