Poison Ivy- help!

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the advice!
smile.png
I'll apply a bunch of these little tricks tomorrow in the morning and hopfully get to a doctor soon cuz it's spreading
hmm.png
I apparently itch in my sleep so tonight is gonna be spent with oven mitts duct taped to my hands (haha and yes, sadly I'm serious)
tongue.png
Thanks for all the help!

A paste of baking soda. The juice from a plant called jewelweed that often grows near PI.Just rub in on. Up the dosage of vitamin C.

Several things to try:

Alcohol rubbed on there. The alcohol helps dry it up.
Stridex cleansing pads for acne. Again, the alcohol dries it up.
Ban deodorant. Dries it out.

Take some Benadryl to help with the itching. Do NOT wear socks to sleep in. Wash with lye soap or some "harsh" soap like Zest or some other type.

Take a clorox bath. Fill tub with as hot water as you can sit comfortable in. Add 1/2 cup of clorox. Soak in water until the water becomes cool, then drain tub. Follow bath with a hot shower and use plenty of soap to help remove the clorox smell and rinse well. Follow this with a cold shower. The hot soak will open the pores of your skin allowing the clorox bleach to flush the allergins from the skin surface, the hot shower with soap keeps the pores open and rinses the posions from the skin surface. The cold shower closes the pores. Relief can be felt by the next morning and the rash will start dryingup and the itching relieved.

This method worked for me as a kid, for my kids, and my grandkids. Everybody I have told this about claims it has worked for them. All I can say is give it a try. Currently, I am not affected by PosionIvy or Posion oak exposure. I can rub it on me and not get a rash. I dont however temp faith or make it a regular habit of running thru the stuff barefooted.

Back
Top Bottom