Poison ivy.. Oh dear...

My friend told me about 'Grandma's Lye Soap'

But a banana peel?
big_smile.png
We got bananas in our kitchen! We wont have to
drive over an hour to get a banana!

don't do the rubber gloves...I made the mistake of covering poison ivy on my legs with bandages..it resulted in a bacterial infection. The doctor said you need to keep poison ivy as dry as possible. Hope it gets better soon!!

Quote:
Thankyou
smile.png

We do not have any gloves at the moment...I guess that's a good thing.

It seems to be getting better, but my fingers are raw from itching.

It does seem to be slowly disapearing, though.

I am extremely allergic to poison ivy,like if i look at it from a distance for to long i will get it.Best cure(or relief i should say)was homemade lye soap.

Last edited:
i got use to poison ivy because at the beggen of this year i fell in it, then next week i lean into it on a tree, week after that i finded my cat Sherlock and not only did he had poison ivy but was liveing in the hood of a car with ichty oil with that all over him
sad.png
then repeat and other storys and my kitty is now homeless because they remove his old rusty car but it was fun and i find one of my kittys
smile.png
and it was fun scareing my freinds with it. and i'm now imuse with it and it dosent hurt or scachs anymore when i get
smile.png

And I'm one of the .01% or whatever that does not react (fully sometimes at all) ...

I was at a wilderness camp and they decided I was 'from the city'

I grew up in 1.5 acres of woods that was formerly bordered by another 10 or so...

I also already know I was non reactive to poison ivy.

So these nasty boys at camp dared me to touch some-

-so I did, in fact I broke off a leaf and broke it in half... (then I went and washed my hands like 15 min later as I was touching the oil/sap )

They watched me closely for the next couple hours...

Of course nothing happened...

I saw them playing with the same plant later... they left camp via ambulance (more cus the first aid at camp was limited and the hospital was 1.5+ hours away).

then we had a lesson on 'toxic plants' ... One of the councilors saw what happened /to me/ (and did nothing
smack.gif
to stop it, and later was released)

When I was questioned I told them, "I'm nonreactive on my hands and front of my legs- I didn't /tell/ them to play with it- and they tried to get me to play with it to prove I'm a dumb city girl... "

---

Hope you get better soon, jellyfish you use vinegar- not sure about Poison Ivy.

http://poisonivy.aesir.com/view/regimen.html

not sure if this is useful or not...

Back
Top Bottom