• 1/2 (if you pick this one, you must coment which number

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

happyhens44

BroodyAddict
9 Years
Apr 25, 2010
Northern WI
Hello, I am doing this because I am cerious.

Ok here is the rating scale

1: My chickens hate me they are scared the when I pick one up it does the predator call

2.) they scream and run when I am near

3.) they walk by me but if I go near them they run

4.) they come around my I can pet them, But they fuss a little when I hold them

5.) they love me jump right on me.

they there will be a other tab tab on the poll saying 1/2 that means only 1/2 of your chickens are either (1,2,3,4,5) and the other half is (1,2,3,4,5) And you will have to comment saying that numbers are (for a examplw half of my chickens are 4, other half 5)

I picked 5. All 8 of my girls jump into my lap. I raised each one from a chick and I held them frequently. Some are naturally friendlier then others. They all come running when I call. If course they think I have a yummy treat in hand.
wink.png
I do have 8 lap chickens.
love.gif

They don't. They lack the intellectual capacity to understand such an abstract, human concept. They do depend on me for their food which is why they come running when they see me. If you came & fed my chickens for a couple of days they'd forget all about me & run to meet you.
It's ok though as I have enough people to provide me with emotional support. I don't need to look for it in my chickens.

Last edited:
Almost all of my girls are on the 4 side of the scale. However a few select hens from each of my two coops and one rooster are fives. I think they all would be fives if I actually tried. As it is right now, I play favorites.

Henrietta the production red and Twitch the silkie roo like to be held and carried the most. My frequently injured or eggbound silkie hen Fluffless likes being a house chicken but not so much on being held. I swear something is always wrong with her. Be it being bald or having an egg stuck half in half out or just needing a bath. Fluffless is always in the house.

My little guys are only a week old so who knows what they'll be like when they're older but I chose number 4. When I call "chickies!" they come running to my hand but if I don't have bread for them they quickly lose interest. They don't run, they just just jump on either.

When it comes to being held, my two bantums and the chick that i'm pretty dang sure is a roo actually seem to like bein held and will quickly fall asleep in you hand if you stroke them, the other 2 chirp and flap their wings and try to jump down if you let them

My 4 1/2 month Australorp girls just adore me. They come running to the gate and fence line when they see me coming, with or without a snack. They follow me around like drooling puppies and the minute I sit down, they all fight for the best spot on my lap. So I had go with a vote of 5.
smile.png

All my 4 chickens and 8 ducks come to me when they need something. If they are hungry, they come when I call. I have never really handled mine, so they run when I try to pick them up. The chickens will tolerate a pet, particularly when they are in their hutch, but in general, I would say I am viewed as the servant.
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom