Polish Breeders Please Help Identify My Rooster

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by abbysgotchickens, Oct 31, 2010.

1. abbysgotchickens

abbysgotchickens New Egg

Oct 31, 2010
    I love my new rooster and can't wait to get him a girlfriend or two. I was told it was a Cuckoo Polish but cannot find anything to verify this information. This is the beginning of another new FFA SAE project so I need as much information as possible to put into my record books. Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Cuckoo Polish or Barred Polish.

Looks like fun.

3. Cat Water

Cat Water That Person

Jul 4, 2010
    Mid Coast Maine
    [​IMG]

Looks cuckoo to me! He's awful cute.

4. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
  5. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
  6. abbysgotchickens

abbysgotchickens New Egg

Oct 31, 2010
    Quote:Is Self a color and is there anything else I add to its name? I have noticed some say White Crested, Black Crested, etc. Thanks so much for your help! I love my rooster!!

7. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    I am so sorry,
    I just saw that your boy has what looks to be a White Crest, is that right? If so he would be a White Crested Cuckoo Polish and not a Self Cuckoo Polish.

"Self" (in polish) just stated that it doesn't have a White or Black crest and that it is a "solid" or continues pattern throughout the bird.

Here is a picture of a Self Cuckoo Polish (not that the Crest has the Cuckoo pattern)
    http://www.polishbreedersclub.com/selfcuckoo.htm

Here is a picture of a White Crested Cuckoo (note the White Crest)
    http://www.polishbreedersclub.com/wccuckoopolish.htm

Chris

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Congrats, that's a pretty rare color. [​IMG]

9. abbysgotchickens

abbysgotchickens New Egg

Oct 31, 2010
    Quote:I am the (tom)boy...in the pic. LOL, Abby is my name. The first pic has the sun shining on my roosters head that makes it appear white. It isn't though. If you look at the second picture you can see that the crest is the same color as the bird. You have helped me soooo much. I am going to give an oral report tomorrow in my Agriculture class for extra credit. I love my rooster!

10. lothefarmer

lothefarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    CA
    Quote:I am the (tom)boy...in the pic. LOL, Abby is my name. The first pic has the sun shining on my roosters head that makes it appear white. It isn't though. If you look at the second picture you can see that the crest is the same color as the bird. You have helped me soooo much. I am going to give an oral report tomorrow in my Agriculture class for extra credit. I love my rooster!

i think he was calling the roo the boy, lol [​IMG]
    good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by