Polish chick hen or roo?!

imogene08

Chirping
6 Years
May 12, 2013
Florida
Not to long ago we got 3 chicks 2 polishs and a mix I am
Hoping for a hen but can anyone tell sorta new to the breed plus how old are they??

Not to long ago we got 3 chicks 2 polishs and a mix I am
Hoping for a hen but can anyone tell sorta new to the breed plus how old are they??
Would help if you posted pictures.
smile.png

Last edited:
By no means an expert, but in this pic, this one looks very similar to our little polish. She is only a few months old. I was worried about her because she was getting some long feathers around her tail but it is apparently normal for females...at least according to all the pics I have seen. I have read that the feathers on the head dress of females are more rounded and the males are pointy.
Maybe it will help a little. I have no clue on the other one but they are both pretty birds. Hopefully someone better skilled at sexing will chime in.

Good close ups of the head/neck and side body/profile shots of each would make it easier. My profile pic is of our girl, if you click it you can see the rounded feathers I was talking about. This is the best profile pic of ours I have yet to get, she hates cameras apparently and won't be still long enough for me to get a hold of her. Maybe the pics will help some.

Back
Top Bottom