polish chick

ahhhh good question on thoses ones. i never had thoses ones. so im sure on that. i know that if you expant there wing and look at the new feathers on the wing boy will be all even lenght, female will have uneven lenght, one row shorter than the other on the female.

I have 2 polish, and 6 standard breeds. I love my polish, and they are very friendly. The only thing I would caution is that the rest of my flock picked on my polish really badly (especially the white crested black hen), to the point where I had to build a separate area for them. I wish I would have listened to the warnings and either gotten all polish or all standard breeds, not a mixed flock.

On the uphand, they are super cute, very friendly, and consistenly lay me an egg 5 out of 7 days.

I can't give any pointers on sexing.... it was hard for me to tell who was what until about 8 weeks old when their crests began to come in differently (my friend ordered polish with me and ended up with 2 roosters and 2 hens, where I had 2 hens).

As they grow and their crests poof out, you might need to trim their crest feathers so they can see better- seems to keep them friendly and prevent them from becoming spooky. Good luck! Enjoy them.

i gave in! ugh. i was only allowed 1 chick by the boyfriend and i came home with 3... so add that to the 13 i already have in the brooder.... big trouble
big_smile.png
i think i will survive tho. i got a white crested black standard and a gold laced, hopefully both girlies, and i got a blue silkie. i couldnt withstand the fuzzy butts!!!

I found keeping Polish with bantams helped with the being picked on. I keep cochins and silkies with them though. Both of those breeds are just cuddly fluffy butts.

I'm seperating them. I've spent way to much on anti pick stuff that doensn't help. Poor guys. I have my hens seperated already. I'm getting them their own area. It makes me sad because I want them to have the big run and coop I made already. Darn "meanies" I don't know who is doing it. I have too many chickens and they are all on their best behavior when I'm out there.
hmm.png

Sorry I don't have pictures but I have 3 straight run Golden Polish. I am trying to figure out how many males I have. One is darkers than the other 2 and has definite waddles and comb at 7 weeks the other 2 show no signs of waddles or a comb. Could I possible have two females and one male ? I really do not want two males.

Back
Top Bottom