Polish chickens

Sammi04

In the Brooder
May 29, 2022
Good afternoon. Im looking for some help and advice please if possible
We have 2 polish chickens who are roughly 7 months old we have had them since 12 weeks but they havent started laying any eggs yet..
When do they start laying or how do i get them to start laying. They are eating well and happy in them selves love to be up high when it starts to get dark and sit on top of the coop roof
We have 4 other chickens lavender pekins and brahams and they are laying fine 1 has just gone into broody mode
We have only owned chickens for they last 2 and a half years so still kinda new to this but any advice would be brill
Thankyou

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20220724-181336.jpg
    VideoCapture_20220724-181336.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 9
As you are discovering most Polish strains are more for 'pretty' than for egg production. They will eventually lay, but not as well as your other birds. Make sure they are getting adequate feed as Polish in mixed flocks are frequently bullied.

As you are discovering most Polish strains are more for 'pretty' than for egg production. They will eventually lay, but not as well as your other birds. Make sure they are getting adequate feed as Polish in mixed flocks are frequently bullied.
Thankyou for your reply. So its just a waiting game for them to start laying. Theres nothing extra iv got todo different to my others
Forgot to say the polish are in the same coop
With my other chickens but are kept seperated As they like to fly.. were as my others have the garden to wonder in aswell as the coop :)

Back
Top Bottom