Polish Chickens!!!!

we have two Polish Roos...Gold crested bearded...gorgeous birds but not playing nice with the other chickens so we have to find a home for them...

they are always together...every once in a while one of them will get out of the pen and just circle the outside of the pen while the one still inside the pen follows him and gives him heck in chicken talk...we got them about 4 months ago at an auction...we got them simply because they made us laugh when we looked at them...
tongue.png

I am new to chickens and i'm loving several breeds that I have but I had a question I was hoping you could help me with. Your polish looks a lot like the one I have. I'm sorry to hear you no longer have yours. I had two of these and one was supposed to be a girl and the other a boy. Something happened to the little girl, i really miss her she was a tiny sweet little girl, so all I have now is the one that is supposed to be a boy. I am new to chickens and trusted the hatchery when they said it was a boy but I just don't see it. How can I tell if he is a boy or a girl, other than waiting until it crows or lays an egg??? If he really is a boy i'm good with that but i want to get a female to go with him.

I have two gold seabrights that I got at the same time and they were the same age. My little boy is getting his comb and crowing already, I was shocked and the other one looks like a girl just like my silver seabrights. Any advice you can give me would be appreciated.

Have a great day!!

I'm new 2 polish chickens. How big r their eggs? What color of polish chicken should I get? Does their crest need special care? How high can they fly? Can they get along with silkies?? .........

Back
Top Bottom