What do u get if u have a cuckoo hen in with a gold laced or self white rooster please. I also have buff and splash and gold laced hens in with the same two roosters.

What do u get if u have a cuckoo hen in with a gold laced or self white rooster please. I also have buff and splash and gold laced hens in with the same two roosters.

With gold laced rooster:

Cuckoo hen with gold laced rooster: cuckoo sons, black daughters, both probably with some gold bits here and there as they grow up.

Gold Laced hens with gold laced rooster produces gold laced chicks.

For the "buff" and the "splash" hens, are those solid buff and solid splash, or buff laced and splash laced?

Buff with white lacing hen crossed to gold laced rooster gives chicks that are buff with white lacing. Solid buff crossed to gold laced rooster probably gives a buff chicken with a sort-of laced pattern in either white or black.

Splash laced gold crossed to gold laced gives blue laced gold. Splash laced silver hen crossed to gold laced gives blue laced silver sons and blue laced gold daughters (the silver probably being a dirty-looking silver, not clean white). Solid splash hen crossed to gold laced rooster should give birds that are blue all over, although they may have black lacing at the edges of the blue feathers rather than being an even solid shade of blue all over. (Solid splash isn't really an even shade all over either, but I don't have any better word to refer to a chicken that is splash all over.)

For the white rooster, it will depend on his genes. There are several combinations of genes that can cause a chicken to be white, and I don't know which ones he's got.

He might produce white chicks with all of the hens. Those chicks will probably have a few black feathers here and there. This is a fairly common result when crossing a white chicken with other colors of chickens.

He might produce a bunch of different chicks from the various colors of hens, and I cannot predict most of them. (This is the other common result when crossing a white chicken with other colors of chickens.) The chicks from the cuckoo hen might be sexlinked (cuckoo sons/black daughters). The chicks from the splash hen might be blue, or have some blue on them in one pattern or another.

(A tip for the future: it usually works better to start a new thread for questions like this, instead of adding to an existing thread.)

With gold laced rooster:

Cuckoo hen with gold laced rooster: cuckoo sons, black daughters, both probably with some gold bits here and there as they grow up.

Gold Laced hens with gold laced rooster produces gold laced chicks.

For the "buff" and the "splash" hens, are those solid buff and solid splash, or buff laced and splash laced?

Buff with white lacing hen crossed to gold laced rooster gives chicks that are buff with white lacing. Solid buff crossed to gold laced rooster probably gives a buff chicken with a sort-of laced pattern in either white or black.

Splash laced gold crossed to gold laced gives blue laced gold. Splash laced silver hen crossed to gold laced gives blue laced silver sons and blue laced gold daughters (the silver probably being a dirty-looking silver, not clean white). Solid splash hen crossed to gold laced rooster should give birds that are blue all over, although they may have black lacing at the edges of the blue feathers rather than being an even solid shade of blue all over. (Solid splash isn't really an even shade all over either, but I don't have any better word to refer to a chicken that is splash all over.)

For the white rooster, it will depend on his genes. There are several combinations of genes that can cause a chicken to be white, and I don't know which ones he's got.

He might produce white chicks with all of the hens. Those chicks will probably have a few black feathers here and there. This is a fairly common result when crossing a white chicken with other colors of chickens.

He might produce a bunch of different chicks from the various colors of hens, and I cannot predict most of them. (This is the other common result when crossing a white chicken with other colors of chickens.) The chicks from the cuckoo hen might be sexlinked (cuckoo sons/black daughters). The chicks from the splash hen might be blue, or have some blue on them in one pattern or another.

(A tip for the future: it usually works better to start a new thread for questions like this, instead of adding to an existing thread.)
Thx for that. I had a chick hatch out of that pen and it looks to be black with a white dot on head and two dots on wings/back at this stage so will be interested to see what colour it grows in to. Got more hatching in 2 wks lol so guess I’m in for some surprises as I don’t even know which hens are laying and there’s two roosters in their so it’s a jackpot I guess.

I had a chick hatch out of that pen and it looks to be black with a white dot on head and two dots on wings/back at this stage so will be interested to see what colour it grows in to.

From your description, I'm guessing that one has a cuckoo mother, will grow up to have white barring on black feathers, and is a male.

But it's hard to judge adult color from chick down, and harder yet from descriptions instead of pictures, so I could easily be wrong :D

50% will be frizzled. It depends on what’s under the white of the cochin, but I’d guess you’ll either get blacks with silver leakage or something like messy silver partridge.
Thankyou I got mostly messy silver partridge I think

Attachments

• E0F3EC51-5DC2-49B3-9B43-5C72F7B6CB81.jpeg
    E0F3EC51-5DC2-49B3-9B43-5C72F7B6CB81.jpeg
    445.8 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom