Polish Crested 5 mos. old cockerel desperately seeking forever home (Chapel Hill, NC)

I'm not sure how I feel about shipping a 5-mos-old. How far are we talking? I'd be willing to drive a couple of hours to meet halfway, but I would most likely not be willing to ship him due to the stress on the bird and the expense to me.

If an individual wants a bird shipped, it is up to that person to pay for all costs involved (USPS approved box, express shipping fees etc) and not you.

So would that make you feel any better about shipping him? Or would you still be too worried about the stress to him?

I'd still prefer not to have to ship him, but I may not have another option if I want him to have a good home. Shall we give it another couple of weeks and then see if you're still willing to take him in? Shipping is quite expensive, so maybe we could split the cost instead of one of us covering the entire expense.

Help! Does anybody have any advice for more ways to seek a good home for a rooster in North Carolina? My big roo went after little Stella yesterday, and even though no serious injury occurred, I'm worried there will be a next time with a worse outcome. Craigslist hasn't resulted in even one single inquiry. Any suggestions from folks, especially ones not too far away?

Back
Top Bottom