Polish Crested 5 mos. old cockerel desperately seeking forever home (Chapel Hill, NC)

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by Chapel Hill Chicks, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Sentu

Sentu Out Of The Brooder

Nov 26, 2015
    Bump

2. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA

If an individual wants a bird shipped, it is up to that person to pay for all costs involved (USPS approved box, express shipping fees etc) and not you.

1 person likes this.
  3. Chapel Hill Chicks

Chapel Hill Chicks Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2009
    Chapel Hill
    Thank you, keesmom. I wasn't aware of how shipping fees were supposed to work. I'm just trying to find him a good home. :)

4. Sentu

Sentu Out Of The Brooder

Nov 26, 2015
    So would that make you feel any better about shipping him? Or would you still be too worried about the stress to him?

5. Chapel Hill Chicks

Jun 29, 2009
    Chapel Hill
    I'd still prefer not to have to ship him, but I may not have another option if I want him to have a good home. Shall we give it another couple of weeks and then see if you're still willing to take him in? Shipping is quite expensive, so maybe we could split the cost instead of one of us covering the entire expense.

6. Sentu

Sentu Out Of The Brooder

Nov 26, 2015
    I am still fine with take him in and will go with whatever plan you feel is best :)

7. Chapel Hill Chicks

Jun 29, 2009
    Chapel Hill
    bump

8. Chapel Hill Chicks

Jun 29, 2009
    Chapel Hill
    Help! Does anybody have any advice for more ways to seek a good home for a rooster in North Carolina? My big roo went after little Stella yesterday, and even though no serious injury occurred, I'm worried there will be a next time with a worse outcome. Craigslist hasn't resulted in even one single inquiry. Any suggestions from folks, especially ones not too far away?

9. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot Premium Member

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    @granny hatchet

10. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    He is a nice looking little roo Red, He would make pretty babys with white. He has the red leakage so tolbunt possible in there..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by