Polish Crested 5 mos. old cockerel desperately seeking forever home (Chapel Hill, NC)

Thank you. Please let me know if thing doesn't work out with rirs-roost. She's lonely, but being spoiled rotten. She still laying 4-5 eggs/week during this winter.
If you change your mind, please let me know. I'd love to have them for my silkie that's by herself but I understand you're a lot closer to her.

You're welcome. Hope you enjoy them.
sad.png

rIrs roost, we are not that far apart. I am going to keep my eyes open for a companion for your silkie. I didn't realize she was all alone, too. 
Thank you. Yea I had her with four others as chicks. Well then I had a hen go broody and our dog somehow crushed the dog crate I had the broody in and about killed my broody hen on hatch day. She'll not be allowed to hatch no more because before the dog got her, She had ate three of the eggs and the one chick that did hatch she messed its wing up trying to eat it before I grabbed it away from her. Well the little chick survived ans the only chicken I had to put with it that would accept it was the four week old silkie. They buddied around and were best friends. Then all the rain we got a few week ago came. I went out to check on all the chickens and the baby chick had got down and must've fell asleep and drowned. Well I tried putting the silkie back with the others but they wouldn't accept her. I've got her in the house beside the bed with a couple of stuffed animals with her. She gets in between them on the perch and talks to them lol. I keep her out as much as I can. We take naps together lol. But I know she'd rather be around other chickens. I hope I can find some real docile chickens that will accept her. She's so sweet.

Back
Top Bottom