Polish crosses.... lets see them

She does look exactly like my 'Lil Crow'! so, you are saying yours was pure WCP? How does that happen. What does it throw back to?
I am hoping mine lays as well as her mum, the Spangled Hamburg.
Yes, she was pure...We figured every now and then you get more of the original cross that made the polish...She was beautiful and sold quickly once we let her loose...We kept her for a long time out of curiosity...*

I will have pictures of the crosses tomarrow around 1:30pm it's dark and I won't be able to take pictures but they are absolutely gorgous this is the father and the second pictures is part of a his flock

Here are my Black White Crested Polish Rooster x American Game Hen. They are 3 weeks old, grow very fast. They're hatch under my broody American Game Hen. There are 6 of the crosses and 2 mille fleur.

Here's my Polish/Naked Neck cross. You can't see the NN in it though.

It's daddy was a Candy Corn Polish and the mama was a blue Red 3/4 Naked Neck and 1/4 Easter Egger cross that laid a green egg.

I'm so hoping a Pullet but it looks like it had a pea comb that is poking up pretty good. Not really sure if it's because of the crest or if it's going to be a cockerel. Pullet please.

Hoping for a green egg layer to cross to a NN EE cross ( pea comb) I'm pretty sure is a cockerel. It get my Green Egger Naked Neck project back on track.

I have two white polish girls, Flo and Maya...and a Welsummer roo. Anybody done this before? Will they be white, or wellie colored? Thanks for input!

Here's my Polish/Naked Neck cross. You can't see the NN in it though.

It's daddy was a Candy Corn Polish and the mama was a blue Red 3/4 Naked Neck and 1/4 Easter Egger cross that laid a green egg.

I'm so hoping a Pullet but it looks like it had a pea comb that is poking up pretty good. Not really sure if it's because of the crest or if it's going to be a cockerel. Pullet please.

Hoping for a green egg layer to cross to a NN EE cross ( pea comb) I'm pretty sure is a cockerel. It get my Green Egger Naked Neck project back on track.

I had forgot about this post.

Update: it was a pullet. She does lay a green egg. I have her in with a cockerel that came from a green egg but no sure he can actually pass it in because his dad came from a brown but also came from a line of green egg layers.

Getting ready to set some eggs pretty soon, so guessing in about 9 months we will find out if it gets passed on.

My fingers are crossed for you
fl.gif
fl.gif

I plan on using black Ameraucanas, Wheaten Ameraucanas and a couple of easter eggers that lay blue eggs along with my Polish chickens to create fully crested blue egg laying easter eggers. I have to wait until they lay eggs that are big enough to incubate first though LOL

I have two white polish girls, Flo and Maya...and a Welsummer roo. Anybody done this before? Will they be white, or wellie colored? Thanks for input!

Hello. Not sure if you got your answer or not. There are two types of genes for white color... Dominant white and recessive white. If your Polish have dominant white, then the chicks will all be white, some with black spots, some with red on neck and/or shoulders when they feather out. If the white is from the recessive white gene, all be colored, and their color will depend on what's hiding under the white on the polish. Hope that helps :)

Back
Top Bottom