Polish Egg Production

PRDK

In the Brooder
Dec 3, 2015
Hello- I am not sure where to post this, but since I am looking for something specific, I know this site is the first place to look!

I am looking for buff laced polish breeders in the Northeast, who breed for higher egg production from their hens.

Is this the right place in the forum to look for such leads? Thank you!

I got mine through My Pet Chicken and their egg production has been quite impressive, they lay either daily or every other day depending on the season.

I got mine through My Pet Chicken and their egg production has been quite impressive, they lay either daily or every other day depending on the season.

I bet you can help me out here ;)

I have a mystery egg showing up every other day; its teeny tiny and usually dark brown, almost purple... I have 2 Buff laced polish that I'm wondering if its one of theirs? It's either that, or an EE/silkie laying these tiny eggs.... How big were your polish eggs at onset of lay?

Thanks in advance :)

My buff laced polish lay large white eggs, and they were a decent size from the start, so it's probably from the mixed hen.

Thank you very much! That solves 2 mysteries for me, as I also had a good size white egg under the bushes and no owner fessed up haha.. Now I know its the Silkie EE laying the odd eggs; she's odd too, so that figures :D

Hello! I have 3 standard sized polish hens, all of laying and breedingage, but only one egg a day ;( I'm feeding 20% egg ration , plus healthy hen and feather fixer by nutrena! There not hiding eggs cause I walk the pen every day, is there anything else I can feed or do to get them all to lay??

In general polish lay 3-5 eggs a week, so it sounds like average production. They may increase production in the next month or so before slowing down a bit in the heat of summer.

Back
Top Bottom