Polish eggs

Kaceyram11

Chirping
May 10, 2020
My polish laid her first eggs yesterday. It’s brown and the folks on my local chicken site say polish hens only lay small white eggs. She was the only hen in the coop with a rooster and it wasn’t him laying....does anyone have a white crested polish laying light brown eggs?

Attachments

• 4C6E33EE-ED7A-44FF-B2B9-9EEC8D602F58.jpeg
    4C6E33EE-ED7A-44FF-B2B9-9EEC8D602F58.jpeg
    435.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 6ED045C8-2936-405A-8E98-138A3E3FF1D3.jpeg
    6ED045C8-2936-405A-8E98-138A3E3FF1D3.jpeg
    480.8 KB · Views: 14
I hatched many White Crested Black Polish eggs for a friend who was a very successful show competitor. Color ranged from white to light brown with the majority falling somewhere in between.

I hatched many White Crested Black Polish eggs for a friend who was a very successful show competitor. Color ranged from white to light brown with the majority falling somewhere in between.
Yes. It was very light brown but definitely not white.

Mine laid her first egg this morning! The other 4 chicks that are laying are green egg layers and large brown egg layers so I know this little dark brown egg is from my White Crested Black. I am also confused as everyone says they only lay white! They also say that the ear color gives away their egg color...but all my girls have white ears 🤷🏼‍♀️ so that sounds strange to me too. We have a silver laced polish as well, but she hasn't started laying yet.

Attachments

• 20201105_130307.jpg
    20201105_130307.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 10
All my Polish lay white eggs as per the standard but I know some lay creamish white. Personally I wouldn't breed her unless for pets and potential buyers were made well aware that they came from incorrect coloured eggs

Mine laid her first egg this morning! The other 4 chicks that are laying are green egg layers and large brown egg layers so I know this little dark brown egg is from my White Crested Black. I am also confused as everyone says they only lay white! They also say that the ear color gives away their egg color...but all my girls have white ears 🤷🏼‍♀️ so that sounds strange to me too. We have a silver laced polish as well, but she hasn't started laying yet.
I would bet that's actually a small egg from one of your large brown layers.

All my Polish lay white eggs as per the standard but I know some lay creamish white. Personally I wouldn't breed her unless for pets and potential buyers were made well aware that they came from incorrect coloured eggs

I would bet that's actually a small egg from one of your large brown layers.
Really?! That would be wild as I got 2 large brown eggs yesterday evening....not unheard of I suppose 😅 just very odd as the egg is the size of a quail egg.

Back
Top Bottom