Polish Experts...... What do I breed my Tolbunt roo with ???

Tadkerson, I found that all very interesting.

I have heterozygous duplex comb birds and the male's combs look different than the comb on your bird.

I have a lot of birds with these combs, they are on my Polish that are mixed with single combed birds.

I wondered what I'd get if I mixed my Houdan roo with a GL or BL hen...... ?

This was what I had been wondering too.​

Have you produced tolbunt or do you know of any one that has produced tobunt by the following:

Pied bird(like in exchequer) X gold laced or spangled = F1

Backcross F1 X pied bird = BC1 (? tolbunt) + hybrids

BC1 x BC1= BC2 ( tolbunt ) + others

I have two Orp wannabes with poor lacing & mottles, but they more happened tahn were deliberate; probably shan't continue as I'm thinking of dropping Orps.
I have only ever seen tollbunte Polands in photos.
Many in the photos look reasonably well laced with mottles at the feather tips, like these:
http://www.kuifhoenderclub.nl/page_ned/nieuws.htm

But some look totally haphazard. I think they're probably just incorrectly marked.....but I could be wrong.
I think the general idea is supposed to be ER/ER, Co/Co, Db-Ml-Pg/Db-Ml-Pg, mo/mo. However some look quite a long way from that & probably are het for some of the genes. I think they're probably just incorrectly marked.....but I could be wrong.

If setting about making tolbunt from scratch I'd use mille fleur on goldlaced. Theoretically it would be possible to get some tolbunt from F1XF1 but it would probably be easier to use closest of the F2 with mottling X to gold laced & repeat.

When you say pied like exchequer, do you mean black based extreme mottling?​

Man......... I wish I could risk that money on those eggs...... I just can't. I need to find some chicks.....
hmm.png
Maybe I can start a new fad with mine...... Huge Comb Tolbunts..... LOL Any takers ? ......
lol.png

Quote:
Gold lace cross to mottled Houdan yields an almost solid black bird, sometimes with gold color leaking out in the sex feathers of the males. the mottling is recessive and would not show up in the initial cross unless the gold lace bird was already carrying mottling.

Quote:
Gold lace cross to mottled Houdan yields an almost solid black bird, sometimes with gold color leaking out in the sex feathers of the males. the mottling is recessive and would not show up in the initial cross unless the gold lace bird was already carrying mottling.

You said it would not show up in the "initial cross" but what would later generations yield?

If setting about making tolbunt from scratch I'd use mille fleur on goldlaced. Theoretically it would be possible to get some tolbunt from F1XF1 but it would probably be easier to use closest of the F2 with mottling X to gold laced & repeat.

That would be cool but haven't seen any mille fleur Polish, lol. Maybe that will be my next project
cool.png
Course that wouldn't defeat me completely. I have some pyncheon in the bator, if any of those hatch maybe I could cross one of those with a gold laced and see what I get. Anyway, I would have to have some gold laced first and so far I haven't hatched any of those.
sad.png

Edited for typos.​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom