Polish Experts...... What do I breed my Tolbunt roo with ???

chickenzoo

Emu Hugger
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
a bumpy dirt road in Florida
I'd like to get more Tolbunt Polish, I have one roo who's comb is far from correct, but I love him. What colors do you breed to get Tolbunt and who should i pair him with????

7205_cp.jpg

7205_cpepper.jpg

7205_cp2.jpg

This is Chili Pepper....he's having bad hair days, LOL.... I just love him.....
love.gif

Last edited:
Tollbunt is mottling on a laced bird. Motting is recessive. Unfortunately Taco won't be of much help unless you can get your Tollbunt male to produce some female offspring.
Mating Taco to gold laced will only muddy the water, so to speak. He needs to be mated to either tollbunt females or to laced females carrying the mottling gene, such as would be produced if you breed your tollbunt male to more gold laced females.

Quote:
Excuse this slow learner, lol, so you are saying that she should mate the Tolbunt male to more golden laced females until she gets female offspring and then she can mate Taco to these females to possibly produce more Tolbunts?

Another question. I have to wonder about that comb. Does anyone know how Tolbunt Polish were created to begin with?

so you are saying that she should mate the Tolbunt male to more golden laced females until she gets female offspring and then she can mate Taco to these females to possibly produce more Tolbunts?

The only difference between tollbunt & gold laced is that tollbunt has mottling. The mottling gene is recessive. If Taco is Toketa then she could be bred back to her tollbunt father & about half of their offpring would be tollbunt. Taco is indeed Taco, afaik the OP only has the one tollbunt, CP the father. If so CP needs to be bred to more gold laced, to get some female offspring which will carry a mottling gene. These female offspring could then be A. Bred back to their father or B. bred to Taco. If bred back to their father, all things being equal, in the region of 50% of the offspring would be tollbunt. If the females are bred with Taco, in the region of 25% would be tollbunt.​

Back
Top Bottom