Polish girl... I hope... but maybe not?

geojane42

Songster
9 Years
Apr 5, 2010
Our polish girls are about 10 weeks old now. They're all supposed to be girls but the silver laced has me wondering. She is very people friendly, very bold/adventurous, and definitely the alpha of the pack. We introduced 3 new chicks, all of which were bigger than her today and she was terrorizing them all. She does seem to have more spikey tail feathers than the other two although she doesn't hold it high like you would expect if she were a he. Anyone want to chime in and place a bet?

DSCF0985.jpg

DSCF0996.jpg

DSCF0999.jpg

DSCF1001.jpg

DSCF1033.jpg

DSCF1037.jpg

I'm gonna go with its a girl! just because of the looks right now. Ever polish rooster I've seen. has longer tail feathers, and their "afro" as i like to call it, or crown? seems less poof and more pointy almost thinner and they all have had the red uhrm wats the word they call it... I'm drawing a blank I'm sorry but the red fleshy pouches almost on their necks yours just has fluffy feathers on the hens unless its a not bearded then they have small red pouches. and a bearded polish roo still has the small red comb above the eyes... Oh and if she starts crowing.. Well then its a boy
hmm.png
since shes only ten weeks it could take a few more weeks to be sure... You can go to Google and just type it in in images and you can see the difference... Goodluck! I've got a feisty little Aracauna (EE) "pullet" myself I'm wondering about! I'm also waiting to see if she starts crowing on me! shes about 4weeks old though so I've got some time to wait!

I hope you're right.... did have a look in google images and she does look more pullety than roostery at this point. She and our buff are both bearded. The golden is not. Here's a few more pics of them for your enjoyment... they really are super cool looking birds
smile.png

DSCF0982.jpg

DSCF1020.jpg

DSCF1029.jpg

I got myself one Golden laced Polish pullet myself. however she is a week and a half old so I've got no comparison lol
big_smile.png
from looking at yours im super excited i found her purely by chance she was the last one left and i got her cause i liked the poof head when i went to pick up my brahma! I have no idea if shes bearded or not though! doesnt matter they are all beautiful birds!

Back
Top Bottom