POLISH HATCH-A-LONG

:woot Congratulations Val. I know they are so weird looking when they first hatch will soon be fluffy and cute :jumpy Have you more pips? I usually find when ones out it seems to spur the others on more.

No more pips yet but today is only day 20 so maybe more tomorrow. One question though about this first egglet. She hatched 9 hours ago now and she still isn't dry. She actually looks crusty and crunchy. And now she's pecking at the sponge I have in there for humidity and I think shes getting bits off because she's chewing...lol. Should I take her out or leave her till the morning?

Here's the front of the egglet. Should I be able to see her yolk or anything like that? She's drinking water droplets when it can find them and I don't see anything on her belly that still needs to be absorbed. I would hate to not ask and have it die during the night because I should have taken it out and given it food and water by now.

What a lovely chick. No she looks fine. She will dry of more when more chicks hatch. She will look a little damp because of the humidity in the incubator. She will be fine to stay in the incubator for 48 hours plus they don't need food and water for upto three days after hatching they live off the yolk sac they absorb during the process of hatching. She will peck things when more hatch they peck each other does get quite rough in there. Good luck with the rest.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom