Polish: Hen or Rooster??

JordannL

Songster
Jul 7, 2023
W.V.
I have 2 Polish Chickens. But they look completely different. I'm wondering if one is a hen and one is a roo
16887507133265325206015369761925.jpg
1688750784866524844830310460485.jpg
ster. Or if they're both hens, with different crests.

These two seem like a great example of the crest differences in male vs. female!
So I have one of each and didn't even realize it! Well, HeiHei (The male) is very calm and never makes a sound. So I couldn't go off of sounds and is still too young to lay eggs. So I appreciate the feedback on here!

The second is a for sure cockerel. @BastyPutt
Not so fast here Daniel-San.

Although the crest on the GL looks very much cockerel-ish, this would be the least amount of black feathering I have ever seen on a GL cockerel.

It's bearded, but OP if you pull some of the feathers back on its chin/neck area do you see any wattles there?

I'm going both pullets on this one.

The first one is interesting - definitely a pullet, but the colors are off. I haven't seen a white crested blue without the darker hackles, even at this age.

Not so fast here Daniel-San.

Although the crest on the GL looks very much cockerel-ish, this would be the least amount of black feathering I have ever seen on a GL cockerel.

It's bearded, but OP if you pull some of the feathers back on its chin/neck area do you see any wattles there?

I'm going both pullets on this one.

The first one is interesting - definitely a pullet, but the colors are off. I haven't seen a white crested blue without the darker hackles, even at this age.

Come on the one time I tried to guess the gender of a Polish🙄🙄🙄

Back
Top Bottom