Polish: Hen or Rooster??

It's a tricky one, but I'd say cockerel in this instance.

Polish pullets will get saddle feathers as well. But the general feathering on this one - more pointy all around, says cockerel šŸ‘
Lol it's super tricky! I hope it's a cockerel. I don't have any that I can tell. I'll have to post another thread with their pictures just to make sure. Is it possible for his wattles to not be there yet? I pulled back his beard and don't see anything.

@JordannL can you actually get some more pictures of the blue one? Maybe from a bit farther away..... šŸ§
So you said the colors on the blue are interesting because of the dark hackles and the cockerel is the least amount of black on a male that you've seen? That intrigues me! Does it mean anything specific or just a random difference in their colors compared to others of their breed?

It's a tricky one, but I'd say cockerel in this instance.

Polish pullets will get saddle feathers as well. But the general feathering on this one - more pointy all around, says cockerel šŸ‘
Do you think I should trim his crest? I can't tell if it's just the Polish personality, but he kind of just stands in random spots and looks like he has no idea what's going on. I wasn't sure if it's because he isn't able to see through the feathers or if they're generally just Dopey birds. Lol

Back
Top Bottom